ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

rules going to be changed???

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Biswanath

rules going to be changed???

Post by Biswanath » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:44 pm

I have heard that new immigration rules are to be effected from April or end of March,2009.According to this rule the minimum qualification has to be MSc.Does this mean students who have already applied for PSW (tier1) in last year Oct/Nov under Post Graduate Certificate/Diploma category will not get visa??????And it may be that is why Home Office is not issueing any visa and kept all the passports in their office.Reply please.

freei_007

Post by freei_007 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:22 pm

if you applied in oct/nov then old rules would be impliented on your case not new rules. it's commen sence.

jugnu
Newly Registered

Post by jugnu » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:15 pm

freei_007 wrote:if you applied in oct/nov then old rules would be impliented on your case not new rules. it's commen sence.
Common Sense

jugnu
Newly Registered

Post by jugnu » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:15 pm

freei_007 wrote:if you applied in oct/nov then old rules would be impliented on your case not new rules. it's commen sence.
Common Sense

waseemh115
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by waseemh115 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:04 pm

Where have you heard this news dont spread rumors around untill you are confident about the things. well rules are only changing for tier1 general .
where have you heard this news.

waseemh115
Newly Registered

Post by waseemh115 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:44 pm

Changes to some work routes of the UK's immigration system
24 February 2009
The UK Border Agency has confirmed that its press release about changes to Tiers 1 and 2 of the Points Based System of immigration does not apply to Tier 1 (Post-Study Work). We do not yet have any details of the changes which will apply to Tier 1 (General) and Tier 2 from 1 April.
from UkCOSA website. and stop spreading rumors plz.

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:36 pm

Assuming that the tighter rule for Tier 1 (General) remain until 2010, when my Tier 1 (PSW) visa expires....

does that mean I won't be eligible to "extend" into a Tier 1 (General) when the time comes if I don't have a Masters? (assuming I meet the other criteria such as the earnings, etc etc)
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

ian0921
Newly Registered

Post by ian0921 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:42 pm

dahokolomoki wrote:Assuming that the tighter rule for Tier 1 (General) remain until 2010, when my Tier 1 (PSW) visa expires....

does that mean I won't be eligible to "extend" into a Tier 1 (General) when the time comes if I don't have a Masters? (assuming I meet the other criteria such as the earnings, etc etc)
hi guys look at that :evil: :evil: :evil:
The new rules also make changes to Tier 1 of the Points Based System for highly skilled workers. Applicants under the Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) route will no longer receive points for post graduate certificates and diplomas other than UK Postgraduate
Certificates of Education and those applying for their first period of leave under Tier 1 (General) will no longer receive points for Bachelors degrees or for previous earnings of less than £20,000.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

farryali
Newly Registered

Post by farryali » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:21 pm

hi . i m worried if they gona stop giving psw on bachelors degree . coz three years i paid to uni now wen its our tyme they messed up .plz tell iz it true or not . thanks

phoenix777

Post by phoenix777 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:24 pm

farryali wrote:hi . i m worried if they gona stop giving psw on bachelors degree . coz three years i paid to uni now wen its our tyme they messed up .plz tell iz it true or not . thanks
  • it is true bro. there is no doubt about that.

farryali
Newly Registered

Post by farryali » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:56 pm

hi bro thanks for replying buh wer did you checked that no psw on bachlors degree .

plz post list and line number or page number thanks

phoenix777

Post by phoenix777 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:05 pm

farryali wrote:hi bro thanks for replying buh wer did you checked that no psw on bachlors degree .

plz post list and line number or page number thanks
  • have a look at this link below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/

in this link, you will find as below:

Table 9 of Appendix A to the Immigration Rules lists the eligible qualifications for which the required 20 points are awarded. It currently reads:

The applicant has been awarded:

( a ) a UK recognised bachelor or postgraduate degree, or

( b ) a UK postgraduate certificate or diploma, or

( c ) a Higher National Diploma ('HND') from a Scottish institution.

Today's statement of changes confirms that:

111. In the first row of Table 9 of Appendix A, for "a UK postgraduate certificate or diploma" substitute "a UK Postgraduate Certificate in Education".

thanks