ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About eligibility and supporting evidence

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kevinwcf
Newly Registered

About eligibility and supporting evidence

Post by kevinwcf » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:22 pm

I graduated from the Birkbeck College and have my Master degree awarded by the University of London. Am I eligible to apply for the PSW? Besides, is original certificate of award equal to original transcript. I am confused as I only have my transcript in hand. Thz for your help in advance.

tuhadda_fuffar

Re: About eligibility and supporting evidence

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:42 pm

kevinwcf wrote:I graduated from the Birkbeck College and have my Master degree awarded by the University of London. Am I eligible to apply for the PSW? Besides, is original certificate of award equal to original transcript. I am confused as I only have my transcript in hand. Thz for your help in advance.
#

You need Original Graduate Diploma as well, which you might have received in your college convocation!! And also get a letter from the college stating particular course info.

kevinwcf
Newly Registered

Post by kevinwcf » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:59 pm

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
kevinwcf wrote:I graduated from the Birkbeck College and have my Master degree awarded by the University of London. Am I eligible to apply for the PSW? Besides, is original certificate of award equal to original transcript. I am confused as I only have my transcript in hand. Thz for your help in advance.
#

You need Original Graduate Diploma as well, which you might have received in your college convocation!! And also get a letter from the college stating particular course info.
I guess you meant the certificate, right? The problem is my certificate will be sent after the convocation...So what i can do is to wait. So depressed...

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:15 pm

kevinwcf wrote:
tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
#

I guess you meant the certificate, right? The problem is my certificate will be sent after the convocation...So what i can do is to wait. So depressed...
Get a confirmation letter from the university that you have passed and the orignal ceritificate would be available after the convication and that you have passed your MASTERS and get a degree transcript from college as well. I would advise you to do a premium application where if in doubt they can ask you or can ring your college there and then for clarification.

If not then submit the application through a solicitor.

kevinwcf
Newly Registered

Post by kevinwcf » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:30 pm

jack199 wrote:
kevinwcf wrote:
tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
#

Get a confirmation letter from the university that you have passed and the orignal ceritificate would be available after the convication and that you have passed your MASTERS and get a degree transcript from college as well. I would advise you to do a premium application where if in doubt they can ask you or can ring your college there and then for clarification.

Thz for your advice! Actually I have got the confirmation letter from my college. However it is until recently I realise that transcript cannot used as supporting evidence. I quoted from my confirmation letter:

"Mr X has successfully completed his MSc International Business degree, achieving the grade of 'merit'. A certified copy of Mr Wan's academic transcript is attracted to this letter. He will be presented with his degree certificate in due course, but this letter serves to formally confirm that he has been award the MSc degree."

Do you think it states clearly enough?

By the way, I have already gone back to my home country. I was unable to apply before my student visa expired. The only way to apply for PSW is via the embassy in my country, right?

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:32 pm

kevinwcf wrote:
jack199 wrote:
kevinwcf wrote:
tuhadda_fuffar wrote:#

Thz for your advice! Actually I have got the confirmation letter from my college. However it is until recently I realise that transcript cannot used as supporting evidence. I quoted from my confirmation letter:

"Mr X has successfully completed his MSc International Business degree, achieving the grade of 'merit'. A certified copy of Mr Wan's academic transcript is attracted to this letter. He will be presented with his degree certificate in due course, but this letter serves to formally confirm that he has been award the MSc degree."

Do you think it states clearly enough?

By the way, I have already gone back to my home country. I was unable to apply before my student visa expired. The only way to apply for PSW is via the embassy in my country, right?

You can apply even if you don't have your original certificate but make sure that the letter you're supplying with your application has all the necessary details as stated on the UKBA website. A few of the things it should contain that I can remeber include: start and end dates of your course, awarding body, course name, confirmation that the certificate will be awarded, ...
Please check and confirm from the UKBA website that your letter has all the details otherwise your application will be refused.
Also, you're right that now that you're out of the UK, you can only apply via the embassy in your country