ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Naresh Gehi
BANNED

Immigration

Post by Naresh Gehi » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:22 am

I want to give a brief description on immigration visas.

Green Card
Green card is an identification card attesting to the permanent resident status of an immigrant in the United States of America. Green card also refers to an immigration process of becoming a permanent resident. The Green card serves as proof that its holder is officially granted immigration benefits.

"Green Card" Lottery
The lottery is administrated on an annual basis and conducted under the terms of Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality act.

TEMP WORK VISAS

H-1B Professional Workers
The H-1B is a non-immigrant visa in the United Stated under the Immigration & Nationality Act, section 101(a)(15)(H).

H-2B Temporary Labor Certifications
By H-2B program immigration of domestic labor is done. Employers must, however ,be able to prove a temporary immigration need based on a season of the year.

H-3 Trainees
The H-3 trainee visa allows immigration of individuals to come to the U.S. to receive instruction and training from a United States company that would otherwise be unavailable to them in their home country.

I-140 & I-485 Concurrent Filing
The immigration and Naturalization Services has published an interim rule allowing the concurrent filing of I-140 immigrant petitions and I-485 adjustment of status applications.

L-1 Executives/Managers
The L-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa for immigration employees who are transferring to a US branch, subsidiary, or affiliate of their foreign employer.

O-1 Extraordinary Ability
The O-1 immigration visa is a temporary immigration work visa available to foreign nationals who have "extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics."

R-1 Religious Worker
The R-1 religious worker immigration visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows immigration of foreign nationals in religious occupations to come to the U.S. and work.

J-1 Exchange Visitors
Immigration of individuals who seek to enter the U.S. as part of an immigration Exchange -Visitor Program must first obtain a J-1 Visa.

If you want to go through the frequently asked questions about immigration,you can visit the following website.

http://www.immigrationquestion.com/Freq ... Questions/

Atasas

Post by Atasas » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Very simple and informative!
Thanks!