ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

$$$$$ General Skilled Migration - Fee $$$$$

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fahad77

$$$$$ General Skilled Migration - Fee $$$$$

Post by fahad77 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi All,

I am just a bit confused about the fee structure for Independent 175 (Migrant). The doc i have it says:
1st installment would be $2105 goes with the application and
2nd installment would be $2925 (Any dependants (included in application) 18 years or over with less than functional English).

Now I will be coming with a spouse and 2 kids (3 years and 1 year old). Does this fee covered all of us? Please reply. Thanks

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:10 pm

1st instalment covers whole family.

2nd instalment may be needed for spouse, if spouse's English skills are not up to a certain level.

fahad77

Post by fahad77 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:31 pm

Thanks JAJ,

What are your comments on adding other family members i.e. parents and younger brother (dad is already retired), I support them fully financially but they dont live with me in US, they live in another country but can all pass IELTS exam. I think there should not be any problem adding them under one application and I can always submit receipts of me sending money to support them overseas if in future i'm asked to do so. What do you say?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:53 pm

fahad77 wrote:Thanks JAJ,

What are your comments on adding other family members i.e. parents and younger brother (dad is already retired), I support them fully financially but they dont live with me in US, they live in another country but can all pass IELTS exam. I think there should not be any problem adding them under one application and I can always submit receipts of me sending money to support them overseas if in future i'm asked to do so. What do you say?
Dependency is a very difficult issue, but can be done in some cases. Yours might be difficult, however.

Here's what the Regulations say (part (e) is relevant):

1.12 Member of the family unit
(1) Subject to subregulations (2), (2A), (6) and (7), a person is a member of the family unit of another person (in this subregulation called the family head) if the person is:
(a) a spouse of the family head; or
(b) a dependent child of the family head or of a spouse of the family head; or
(c) a dependent child of a dependent child of the family head or of a spouse of the family head; or
(e) a relative of the family head or of a spouse of the family head who:
(i) has never married or is widowed, divorced or separated; and
(ii) is usually resident in the family head’s household;

and
(iii) is dependent on the family head.

fahad77

Post by fahad77 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:55 pm

hmm.. I see... this info is definitely helpful and new to me. Where did you get it?
Thanks a lot

fahad77

Post by fahad77 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:56 pm

Looks like you're online, would you please add me in your chat list as fhdash@hotmail.com
This way I can always ask your opinion if I would have any question/confusion in future. Thanks

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:57 pm

From the Migration Regulations 1994, http://www.comlaw.gov.au

It may be helpful to you, but you should be able to see it probably means you can't add your relatives to your application!

Would a contributory parent visa be an option for them in the medium term? (look at the Immigration information for that visa).

hourani99
Newly Registered

Post by hourani99 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Your kids are ok, but you will have to pay it for your wife if her English is less than functional.
If your spouse takes the IELTS test and her score is above functional, then you wil not have to pay it.

My advice to you is, if your spouse has good english language skills, then let your spouse take the IELTS test.

fahad77

Post by fahad77 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:30 am

Gents,

I have one more question. If I pay 2nd installment of $2925 as an alternative for my spouse and lets say later if she passes the IELTS exam in USA or AUS with band 5 or more, would I be able to get a refund? I know one of my friends got refund because he decided to stay in US after he got his PR of AUS.

kaushik
Newly Registered

how much fees for sole applicant?

Post by kaushik » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:21 pm

Hello All,

I am single applicant i.e. nobody else will be applying alongwith me. I am single [never married] person. So, have i to pay only 2105$?
My father and mother are dependent on me but they wont be travelling with me. Should i mention abt their dependency in the form and do i have to pay another 2905$

fahad77

Post by fahad77 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:41 pm

You only have to pay $2105 and if your parents are not going to travel with you, dont need to mention them as dependents, just enter their info as your parents when you enter all of your immediate family members.

TarunVerma
Newly Registered

Post by TarunVerma » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:18 am

fahad77 wrote:You only have to pay $2105 and if your parents are not going to travel with you, dont need to mention them as dependents, just enter their info as your parents when you enter all of your immediate family members.
All - I am new to this form. I have a question. What if I process the Visa for myself for the time being and after couple of years process for my parents as dependents...what is the procedure for that?

Another question -
My wife is J2EE developer. Based on her profile she can make 120 points easily and get GSW visa. In that situation, can she add me as seconday so I will also get the GSW visa (I have a IELTS score and will also do the skill assessment. Only thing is that I will be secondary).? In this case, if her application gets approved, then as a seconday, shall I also get the same Visa?

If so, then after getting GSW visa, can I alone go to AUS while my wife is in home country?

Please help me with this questions?