ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport soon to be expired.want to apply psw dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

moto

Passport soon to be expired.want to apply psw dependent visa

Post by moto » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:45 am

hi,
i want to apply for my wife visa as psw dependent on 01.09.09 but my passport is going to be expired on 30.09.09 so what you people suggest that should i submit the application with this passport as on application date it is still valid for 30 days or shall i submit the application with new passport but in that case the visa wil be on old passport. will there be any problem. please help me out becasue i do not know what to do.
please reply anyone.
thanks

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: Passport soon to be expired.want to apply psw dependent

Post by jack199 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:56 am

moto wrote:hi,
i want to apply for my wife visa as psw dependent on 01.09.09 but my passport is going to be expired on 30.09.09 so what you people suggest that should i submit the application with this passport as on application date it is still valid for 30 days or shall i submit the application with new passport but in that case the visa wil be on old passport. will there be any problem. please help me out becasue i do not know what to do.
please reply anyone.
thanks
Get a new passport and then apply. It will take couple of weeks to get a new passport and if you submit your new and old passport together they will stick visa on the new passport

moto

Post by moto » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:03 am

jack199 wrote:
moto wrote:hi,
please reply anyone.
thanks
Get a new passport and then apply. It will take couple of weeks to get a new passport and if you submit your new and old passport together they will stick visa on the new passport
thanks for your reply, i think you misunderstood my question.
i am in the uk and my wife is in pakistan. my passport is going to be expired not my wife as she is going to apply as my dependent. i hold psw visa and it is on my passport which is going to be expired on 30.09.09 but my wife will be applying on 01.09.09 so is that ok for me to send the currunt passport with other documents or renew my passport and send the photocopies of both. will there be any problem
thanks

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:18 am

You just need to renew your passport, and on the new passport they will write the passport number of your old passport. You can also get same day delivery passport as well i believe from Pakistani High Commission from bradford but its up 2 you.

You dont have to sen you orignal passport to pakistan if your wife is applying as a dependent. you just need photocipies.

moto

Post by moto » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:24 am

jack199 wrote:You just need to renew your passport, and on the new passport they will write the passport number of your old passport. You can also get same day delivery passport as well i believe from Pakistani High Commission from bradford but its up 2 you.

You dont have to sen you orignal passport to pakistan if your wife is applying as a dependent. you just need photocipies.
thanks for your reply,
i am in birmingham but one of my friend has renew his passort but they did not write his old passport number on it. i know that i need to send photocopies so i just want to know that will that be ok to send the copeies of bothe passport but still the visa will be old passport. will it be a problem or is it fine. i can still send the old passport as it will be valid till 30.09.09 and we will apply on 01.09.09. so any suggestion please.
thanks

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:34 am

That can not be true, if they haven't write the OLD PASSPORT NUMBER and any refrence number on the new passport for your friend. This is not a general practice!!!

Yes you can send the photocopies, but keep your old passport with you (JUST IN CASE). I came across with pakistani HC number of times and they always write the old passport number on your new passport!!! (Its like a stamp) you just need to renew your passport get a new passport and send photocopies of both passports with a covering letter to your wife. You can also transfer visa from your old passport to new one but you have to pay a little bit for it.

Hope that helps

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

if u get mechine readable passport then they ll stamp on ur old passports 1st page as pak high commission and also they ll put old passport no on ur new computerized passports 2nd page.its better if u apply 4 a new passport and then send both passports copies to ur wife and also make a covering letter mention about these changes.