ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

USA visa for UK resident with criminal record question

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

david-one
Newly Registered

USA visa for UK resident with criminal record question

Post by david-one » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:00 pm

I want to live in the USA for 2 years. Am going there in December and marrying my fiancee next year. I have a minor criminal record for a few things dating back 20 years. I know the rehabilitation of offenders act does not apply in the USA.

Does anyone know/have experience of USA embassy in London and their interviews. Will this give me a problem and prevent me getting a B2 tourist visa for 2 years?

Thanks in advance.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: USA visa for UK resident with criminal record question

Post by Marco 72 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:53 pm

david-one wrote:I want to live in the USA for 2 years. Am going there in December and marrying my fiancee next year. I have a minor criminal record for a few things dating back 20 years. I know the rehabilitation of offenders act does not apply in the USA.

Does anyone know/have experience of USA embassy in London and their interviews. Will this give me a problem and prevent me getting a B2 tourist visa for 2 years?

Thanks in advance.
You should give more details about your criminal record. Anything involving drugs? Also, better post in the following forum, where you can find more people who know about this stuff

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

david-one
Newly Registered

Post by david-one » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Marco, no drugs.

Offenses were carrying a knife in my car 18 years ago; a throwing knife; hobby of mine, but police didn't like it.

Couple of minor irrelevant instances from when I was 19.