ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

citi
Newly Registered

Minor Naturalisation

Post by citi » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:04 pm

Hi,

I am currently applying for my son's naturalisation. The Minor Naturalisation form requires GNIB number of the minor to be provided in section 2.7 of the form. I don't know the GNIB number for my son as the GNIB office does not provide any GNIB registration card for minors. Also, it is not found anywhere on his passport. Do I need to call into the GNIB office in Burgh Quay to find the GNIB number for my son? Is it possible to get the GNIB number by calling the GNIB office by phone? Any advise is much appreciated.

Thanks.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:29 pm

minors under the age of 16 do not get GNIB numbers, therefore, I would suggest to keep that empty. the section will probably enter your own GNIB number with the application as you are the parent applying on your child's behalf

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:09 pm

Though this does not apply to me yet, but i also noticed the requirement since INIS introduced the new form in March. I am interested in finding out what people have been putting in the column.