ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Raven
Newly Registered

Post by Raven » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:52 pm

Thanks John for replying!

My wife went to the Fedex office on friday with the letter and her passport, she submitted her passport and the lady over the counter gave her the receipt and told her that the Embassy will either write or phone her for collection of her passport.

John

Post by John » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:17 am

Raven, clearly that is looking ... very hopeful! :D
John

sreeni

Post by sreeni » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:55 am

yes in a few days they will phone your wife to collect the passport with the visa :)

Raven
Newly Registered

Post by Raven » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:33 pm

Hi Guys.

My wife went to collect her passport today from the fedex office and she got it... this time with a VISA on :D

It wasn't so bad after all!

From the botton of my heart i Thank You all for not only helping me out but number of other people who have immigration problems. Thank you all!

I will contiune to visit this forum and share my comments and give any helpful advice to others.

Thank you once again!

John

Post by John » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:40 am

Raven, that's great! Congratulations to you and your wife. Hope she enjoys living in the UK.
John

bash_h

Post by bash_h » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:54 am

Good news Raven! all the best!

PS. if you have a choice of what airport your mrs comes to, try BHX as its a smaller airport and they dont put you through medical tests etc. My wife came through LHR and it took her approx 3 hrs to get out into arrivals!

John

Post by John » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:08 am

Not sure we know where Raven lives but if not too far from Birmingham then yes, it is indeed a far better immigration entry point than Heathrow.

Most people sail through very quickly and whilst a medical is a possibility, they would need to call a doctor to the airport and I have only heard of that happening once.

Any provincial airport will tend to be better than Heathrow.
John

sreeni

Post by sreeni » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:36 pm

if she has not already done the medical tests then she should get them done before travelling and they will attach the medical passport form to the passport. If she has this then she will not need to do any medical tests at the airport and will give her alot less tension and hassle.

Raven
Newly Registered

Post by Raven » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:04 am

Hi Guys!

I live in bedfordshire county so for me the nearest would be heathrow airport i think?

Just a small query regarding documents... The British Embassy did not return all my documents which i sent with the appeal paper? is there any way where i can get them back? not that i need them now but i wonder why they keep it?

bash_h

Post by bash_h » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:52 am

Raven,

Same thing happened with me, I didnt get some documents back eg. my wife's birth certificate, but I didnt want the hassle so I just got a copy of her birth certificate made from the district office again.

If its something you can do without, then i'd forget it! Otherwise Im not sure how you would do it, Fedex probably wouldnt wana know you (since there is no money in it for them for finding your docs :) and you would probably have a hard time speaking to/getting to the Embassy itself.

All the best

Raven
Newly Registered

Post by Raven » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:14 pm

Hi Bash

I did make photocopies of my document before sending so i don't really need them, i was just curious as to why they don't return your documents?

My other question is that i am going to sponsor my Uncle who is in Saudia Arabia, he works for Fedex Company and he wants to come on a Visit Visa before going to Pakistan to spend time with his family, he was here last year as the Visa was issued for 1 month, he only stayed for 2 weeks, now if i do sponsor him, will it affect my Wife's settlement visa or not? i might sound stupid here but i am just making sure.

bash_h

Post by bash_h » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:12 am

Im not absoloutely sure how sponsor's work for visit visa's but i think you have to give some kind of written guarantee that you will be responsible that you're uncle will go back to Saudi after his visit. As long as he doesnt overstay, they dont care.

No i dont see why it would affect your wife's spouse visa, after all, its issued already.