ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA has lost my passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asian001
Newly Registered

UKBA has lost my passport

Post by asian001 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:32 am

Hi I applied for the Post-Study Work Visa. When I phoned on Friday to ask about the status of my case. Home Office said that they already sent out my passport on July 10 by recorded delivery. I haven't received anything. I then called Royal Mail but they said that since it wasn't by special delivery, they were not able to track it. Home Office will not classify the passport as lost until after 4 weeks. Is Home Office responsible for the cost of replacing my passport and visa?

There is a tracking number and Home Office did give it to me. However, the person at Royal Mail explained that the tracking number for recorded delivery doesn't exactly track a package, it actually gets delivered like regular mail, but when it is delivered, someone has to sign for it, and when that happens, the website would update. She also said that there is no barcode on the package like it would with special delivery.

And how can I know the outcome of my visa application.

sadhu

Re: UKBA has lost my passport

Post by sadhu » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:47 am

asian001 wrote:Hi I applied for the Post-Study Work Visa. When I phoned on Friday to ask about the status of my case. Home Office said that they already sent out my passport on July 10 by recorded delivery. I haven't received anything. I then called Royal Mail but they said that since it wasn't by special delivery, they were not able to track it. Home Office will not classify the passport as lost until after 4 weeks. Is Home Office responsible for the cost of replacing my passport and visa?

There is a tracking number and Home Office did give it to me. However, the person at Royal Mail explained that the tracking number for recorded delivery doesn't exactly track a package, it actually gets delivered like regular mail, but when it is delivered, someone has to sign for it, and when that happens, the website would update. She also said that there is no barcode on the package like it would with special delivery.

Dear Asian 001,

UKBA sends the passport with royalmail signed for system which requires signature in order to receive the post.In my case my relative did sign and received the post. Please answer the following questions.

1. Have you checked with the ukba about your home address/contact address which is in their system? If it is different from the one you provided it means your passport has gone to the wrong addressee.

2. Does anyone else live with you in the same house? Have you asked them? Is there any illegal people living with you in the same house?

3. There are plenty of illegal people who keen to buy passports and most of the time passports are sold to them in connivance with the royalmail employees. Therefore, it is strongly suggested that please file a police complain immediately.If ukba do not take the issue seriously, once police department sends a letter there they have to take the necessary action so that the problem may come to an end.

Yours sincerely,
Sadhu Agashe.
Last edited by sadhu on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:49 am

there is always barcode either 4 special or recorded delivery so u shud ask ho and then track it wid royal mail.

asian001
Newly Registered

Post by asian001 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:28 pm

sadhu wrote:
asian001 wrote:Hi I applied for the Post-Study Work Visa. When I phoned on Friday to ask about the status of my case. Home Office said that they already sent out my passport on July 10 by recorded delivery. I haven't received anything. I then called Royal Mail but they said that since it wasn't by special delivery, they were not able to track it. Home Office will not classify the passport as lost until after 4 weeks. Is Home Office responsible for the cost of replacing my passport and visa?

Dear Asian 001,

UKBA sends the passport with royalmail signed for system which requires signature in order to receive the post.In my case my relative did sign and received the post. Please answer the following questions.

1. Have you checked with the ukba about your home address/contact address which is in their system? If it is different from the one you provided it means your passport has gone to the wrong addressee.

2. Does anyone else live with you in the same house? Have you asked them? Is there any illegal people living with you in the same house?

3. There are plenty of illegal people who keen to buy passports and most of the time passports are sold to them in connivance with the royalmail employees. Therefore, it is strongly suggested that please file a police complain immediately.If ukba do not take the issue seriously, once police department sends a letter there they have to take the necessary action so that the problem may come to an end.

Yours sincerely,
Sadhu Agashe.

Dear Sadhu,

1. They are not confirming the address, where they have sent the passport. They advised me that they will consider it as lost after 28 days.

2. No illegal people living with me in the house.

TireOne
Newly Registered

Post by TireOne » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:39 pm

hi. i am in a same satuitation. and my passport has been lost by UKBA from last 4 months now and i am in a process to get a new passport and sent it back to UKBA for processing;

My question is who is resposible for this lost ...either UKBA or Royal mail;

A letter sent to me by UKBA where they mention that they had posted me something (did not mention what it is and also UKBA staff dont knew what they had sent to me) this is what i been explored from UKBA after continue tracking of my passport by calling UKBA and by wasting of my money... then after a while UKBA reply to one of my complaint email where they again mention the same thing thay sent me somthing but that email have different sent date for that packege as i found different date in letter;

i have spent about £600 in whole of this process to get a new passport and i am continuous in stress what will be the next step...where as UKBA they dont bother about anything;

i asked royal mail to find out where is my packege and royal mail sent me an apology with 6 first class stamps and mention that this is my compensation for my packege because that packege was not sent by a special delivery;

i want to knew can UKBA compensate me all my damages ;;; if yes what is a process to ask UKBA to get compensation;

thanks

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:37 am

Guys....contact a solicitor or your university's student advisors. In this case no one would take a blame, neither Royal mail, nor HO. Its better to go with a good ‘no win no fee’ solicitor and I wont advise spending too much money on legal issues either. Or you may choose to spend on other things and wait for 2-3 months to get your passport and visa and stay calm, like many immigrants do!

Its beauty of this country to boast things like fair immigration rules, stringent borders etc but there real worth is exposed in these forums. What a shame!!

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:33 am

sorry tier 1 but u used much complicated language try to mention next time simply and efficiently

asian001
Newly Registered

Post by asian001 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:50 pm

I have called ukba numerous times just to confirm either they issued me a visa or not. As Home Office said that they already sent out my passport on July 10 by recorded delivery. Could anybody can advice me that how can I know the outcome of my visa application.

asian001
Newly Registered

Post by asian001 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:35 pm

I have called ukba numerous times just to confirm either they issued me a visa or not. As Home Office said that they already sent out my passport on July 10 by recorded delivery. Could anybody can advice me that how can I know the outcome of my visa application

asian001
Newly Registered

Post by asian001 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:39 pm

anyone

Ahmed80

Post by Ahmed80 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:52 am

Hi I just received a call from Home Office that they have lost my passport. It was an internal transfer between 2 departments, the second department never received it.

They have asked me to get a new passport.

Will they reimburse me for the passport fee and other visas I have to reapply for?