ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship Licence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Arjun_123

Sponsorship Licence

Post by Arjun_123 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Hello All,

My company have applied for Sponsorship Licence on 18 may and we got the Licence today from home office. i am on PSW willing to shift to Tier 2 (genral) and i want to claim points for my B.Tech frm india.
can anybody tell me what all documents should i send to home office and what are waiting times these dayz?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Sponsorship Licence

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:29 pm

Arjun_123 wrote:Hello All,

My company have applied for Sponsorship Licence on 18 may and we got the Licence today from home office. i am on PSW willing to shift to Tier 2 (genral) and i want to claim points for my B.Tech frm india.
can anybody tell me what all documents should i send to home office and what are waiting times these dayz?
You need to check on the PBS Calculator if you qualify for the Tier2(G) with ur current degree and if yes..

You need to submit the Original Degree Certificate to claim the educational points..

On Waiting times..

Ur employer can get ur Certificate of Sponsership in a day for you over internet if he has the login details..

once with the CoS and other docs ready u apply with HO and it may take around 5-6weeks.. if case is staright forward.. but it can vary a little..

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:45 am

Thank you for replying ramesh.

I have used the points based system and I am getting 10 points for my degree (it is in the ukba database), 10 points for my earning (21k), 30 points for COS, I have enough funds and I have a course that is taught in English which is my degree itself.

One last doubt in my mind is, I am in PSW working for same company, same job title, same pay for 8 months now….so while my company is filling the COS form online...
I hope they don’t have to go through Labour Market Test.??? And is thr anything that I they have to be careful while filling the COS form????

Any replies will be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:51 am

Arjun_123 wrote:One last doubt in my mind is, I am in PSW working for same company, same job title, same pay for 8 months now….so while my company is filling the COS form online...
I hope they don’t have to go through Labour Market Test.??? And is thr anything that I they have to be careful while filling the COS form????
Good point Arjun... regarding the market interviews/tests..

i will wait for more experts to reply on this.. ( i dont wannamisguide u)

As far as i understand if an employee works with the same company under WP visa for more than 6months then its ok but with PSW Visa i am not sure...

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:32 pm

Please see: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... ytransfer/

Most importantly
Your sponsor duties when assigning a certificate of sponsorship

Before you assign a certificate of sponsorship you must make sure that:

* the migrant has been working for your organisation, either inside the United Kingdom as an intra-company transferee or outside the United Kingdom, for at least six months directly before the transfer;
and
Working for your organisation for the past six months

You do not have to carry out a resident labour market test before sponsoring an intra-company transfer. However, a migrant coming to the United Kingdom on an intra-company transfer must have been working for your organisation for at least six months directly before their transfer.

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:28 pm

@ Vanadil - thanks for replying.
this sounds good to me, i guess i am ok without the labour market test..cool
and in the form , the last section is about claiming the points, so i am claiming points for COS, but not PSW, is that correct???let me know if i am wrong.

and wish me all the best. cheers

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:35 pm

Arjun_123 wrote:@ Vanadil - thanks for replying.
this sounds good to me, i guess i am ok without the labour market test..cool
and in the form , the last section is about claiming the points, so i am claiming points for COS, but not PSW, is that correct???let me know if i am wrong.

and wish me all the best. cheers
Couple of things u need to check before apply.

1. U job tiltle and the salary.
2. U salary is according to the CODE OF PRACTICE as on the UKBA
3. If your job is per hour then make sure that u are getting paid the minimum wage for that job and not less.
4. The job needs to be S/NVQ level 3 and minimum requirement should be met for example u need to have a bachelors or masters.

If you are working for the same employer for the past 6 months then u are fine and u employer does not need to do a labour market test. When u r claiming points then make sure that for initial application u need to choose PSW switching category. U need to have a COS regardless of u r switching from PSW as its a mandatory requirement and u have to have a COS. U said that u have got qualification from UK and from u home country. So why not use the UK qualification for points for English and qualification. Its just an advise as if PBC verifies u qualification then u r fine anyway.

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:24 am

ASH - thank you very much.That is pretty clear now.

Following are my details

Designation: IT support Developer
Salary :21500 per anum

Working from 1 DEC 2008 for same role and same pay.
I am in PSW(expiring in march 2010).

The only problem is my salary is not according to the CODE OF PRACTICE as on the UKBA . I don’t know how is this gonna work. Coz my company will not increase my pay before november this year. And maximum they would pay me is 24650. I guess I am in a problem now.

And regarding my education in UK. I did PG from a college which is not on UKBA database. So I cant claim points for it. instead I can claim same points for my bachelors which is on the list of UKBA.thats not a problem at all.

ASH looking forward to hear back from u.
Any Advice will be Appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:35 pm

Arjun_123 wrote:ASH - thank you very much.That is pretty clear now.

Following are my details

Designation: IT support Developer
Salary :21500 per anum

Working from 1 DEC 2008 for same role and same pay.
I am in PSW(expiring in march 2010).

The only problem is my salary is not according to the CODE OF PRACTICE as on the UKBA . I don’t know how is this gonna work. Coz my company will not increase my pay before november this year. And maximum they would pay me is 24650. I guess I am in a problem now.

And regarding my education in UK. I did PG from a college which is not on UKBA database. So I cant claim points for it. instead I can claim same points for my bachelors which is on the list of UKBA.thats not a problem at all.

ASH looking forward to hear back from u.
Any Advice will be Appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Dont worry as u have plenty of time to sort out this issue. U visa is expiring in MARCH 2010 so it would be easy to chnage u job role. DO the follwoing,

1. Go to the list and see which job gives you the wages of £21500 or less as if you get paid more than "CODE OF PRACTICE" then its not a problem as long as its not less than the list.
2. Ask your employer to change your job role according to the list.
3. Apply for the visa on the basis of that job role.
4. It would not be a problem for you to chnage the job role now as u need to show that u were working for the same employer for the past six months so u will have plenty of time to do that.

If you need more info just post here and i will be happy to reply or help.

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:57 am

Ash - That is a valuable advice. i will try talking to my HR and sort this issue out. Coz as we know i have enough time.

thank you very much Ash, u seem to be helping a lot of people in this forum..great going mate.

i will PM u if any further doubts..is that ok?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:29 am

Arjun_123 wrote:Ash - That is a valuable advice. i will try talking to my HR and sort this issue out. Coz as we know i have enough time.

thank you very much Ash, u seem to be helping a lot of people in this forum..great going mate.

i will PM u if any further doubts..is that ok?
Not a prob.

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:36 am

Hi Ash,

i found the most appropriate job description related to me on the list specified by UKBA. which says

Senior PC support
Responsible for the maintenance and support of PC configurations. Would include both hardware and software maintenance, providing support for applications such as databases, spreadsheets, word processors and LANs. An in depth knowledge of various operating systems and PC based office systems would be expected.
salary £24,900 (accto the list on UKBA)

but i am not a senior , infact i am a junior with exact match of the job description and my salary is £21,500.

so what do you suggest in my case?

i can wait till october and try to get to 24900 mark but then will i have to wait for 6 months from then to be able to apply using that job description, which is gonna be march or april 2010(am i correct)...will i have to wait till then or is there an other way out??

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:35 pm

Arjun_123 wrote:Hi Ash,

i found the most appropriate job description related to me on the list specified by UKBA. which says

Senior PC support
Responsible for the maintenance and support of PC configurations. Would include both hardware and software maintenance, providing support for applications such as databases, spreadsheets, word processors and LANs. An in depth knowledge of various operating systems and PC based office systems would be expected.
salary £24,900 (accto the list on UKBA)

but i am not a senior , infact i am a junior with exact match of the job description and my salary is £21,500.

so what do you suggest in my case?

i can wait till october and try to get to 24900 mark but then will i have to wait for 6 months from then to be able to apply using that job description, which is gonna be march or april 2010(am i correct)...will i have to wait till then or is there an other way out??
If you think thats the description of the job u will doing for the company then u wages needs to be £24900 and it can not be less than the list. U only solution is that to see wen u PSW is expired. If you still have more than six months left on u PSW then just wait and once u above the required level then go for Tier 2. I would use at least 1 year of PSW without applying for anything. If u want to apply now or in near future then try a find out a different category which gives u the wage of £21500 or above.

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:33 am

ok Ash, that is clear

my visa is expiring in may 2010(so i have enough time), and i am eligible and expecting hike to 25K in november this year.

so my question is do i have to wait 6 months from november (because of change in my pay) which will be in april-2010 to apply based on my new pay OR can i apply in november/december this year as soon as i get a payslip with the new pay on it?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:49 am

Arjun_123 wrote:ok Ash, that is clear

my visa is expiring in may 2010(so i have enough time), and i am eligible and expecting hike to 25K in november this year.

so my question is do i have to wait 6 months from november (because of change in my pay) which will be in april-2010 to apply based on my new pay OR can i apply in november/december this year as soon as i get a payslip with the new pay on it?
Yes but HO has announced some changes to the TIER 2 visa please find the link below (Right side of the page). U are no longer required to provide a letter that u were working for the same employer for the last six months. HO will be updating the form shortly. I think if u just wait and see as i am sure by the time u apply there might be more changes. However, the rules regarding the code of practice remains same (so far).

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... or-changes