ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to contact Appeal implemention unit , Leeds???????

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pathanz_rule
Newly Registered

how to contact Appeal implemention unit , Leeds???????

Post by pathanz_rule » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Hey every one

Can any one please post the contact number OR fax OR email for Appeal Implementation Unit , Leeds? I am still waiting for my passport after five and half weeks .

I am really frustrated cuz i called home office yesterday and the girl said that i can not do any thing apart from wait. OR withdraw my application which can take 10 working days ( means 2 weeks). The home office customer service is not really help full and always try to get rid of you over the phone with in 30 seconds. What a pity????? I waited 30 minutes for some one to speak to me on the phone and all you get is a straight unpleasant answer........huh

Can any one advise me what to do now? i really need my passport ASAP.

thanks in advance

sandeep123
Newly Registered

Re: how to contact Appeal implemention unit , Leeds???????

Post by sandeep123 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:01 pm

HI,

Sorry to listen that. I am waiting for my call in letter. Do know what gonna happen to me. really scared. When did u get ur call in letter after wining the appeal. please give me ur exact dates if possible.

OK now for ur query few days back i found this message in one of the forum might it helpful to u. I am not sure about the adress thou. its:

Hi , I received my 'call letter' a few days back after an almost 10-week wait. It was sent to my home address as I did not use a solicitor.

I had got quite worried and rang up HO helpline who asked me to write a letter to this address inquiring about the status of the 'call letter'. Maybe you can do the same.

Appeals Implementation Unit
UK Border Agency
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

One word of caution though. I don't know if everyone can write to this address or if the address varies according to case/location. You could maybe check with HO helpline and if they don't help, go ahead with the letter. Make sure you mention your HO ref number and include a copy of your AIT decision (not original!). Good luck.

Hey every one

Can any one please post the contact number OR fax OR email for Appeal Implementation Unit , Leeds? I am still waiting for my passport after five and half weeks .

I am really frustrated cuz i called home office yesterday and the girl said that i can not do any thing apart from wait. OR withdraw my application which can take 10 working days ( means 2 weeks). The home office customer service is not really help full and always try to get rid of you over the phone with in 30 seconds. What a pity????? I waited 30 minutes for some one to speak to me on the phone and all you get is a straight unpleasant answer........huh

Can any one advise me what to do now? i really need my passport ASAP.

thanks in advance[/quote]

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi,

Have you contacted the Home Office Presenting Officers Unit? Their number is 02089172039, they will let you know where your case is, the AIT has to work on your file after the 5 day period where HO can appeal. After that the AIT has to send it to HOPOU who then forward it to the Appeals Determination Unit in Leeds.

If you call HOPOU, you can find out whether they have received the file from AIT, if not you can call AIT and start getting them to work on your file. If you have a lawyer, they should be chasing everyone until your passport is requested for so they can endorse the visa.

Dont worry too much, you should expect to receive a letter soon, chasing up the matter will help to get them to send you the letter if they havent done so already. This number would get you some results and more importantly the people are polite as compared to the normal call centre number.

Good Luck

sandeep123
Newly Registered

Post by sandeep123 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:20 pm

HI jack,

thx for ur message. they asked me to call on the no. 02920924748, which is in cardiff, they asked me to call on weekend.how long does it take to get the passport back.

thx
sandeep
jack199 wrote:Hi,

Have you contacted the Home Office Presenting Officers Unit? Their number is 02089172039, they will let you know where your case is, the AIT has to work on your file after the 5 day period where HO can appeal. After that the AIT has to send it to HOPOU who then forward it to the Appeals Determination Unit in Leeds.

If you call HOPOU, you can find out whether they have received the file from AIT, if not you can call AIT and start getting them to work on your file. If you have a lawyer, they should be chasing everyone until your passport is requested for so they can endorse the visa.

Dont worry too much, you should expect to receive a letter soon, chasing up the matter will help to get them to send you the letter if they havent done so already. This number would get you some results and more importantly the people are polite as compared to the normal call centre number.

Good Luck

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:02 pm

I dont know much about this number in cardiff. Are you living in cardiff, if yes this could be the appeal implementation unit (local one), which represent home office in court hearings.

The best number to ring is the above one. Hope that helps

sandeep123
Newly Registered

Post by sandeep123 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:17 pm

thx jack, will call them.

jack199 wrote:I dont know much about this number in cardiff. Are you living in cardiff, if yes this could be the appeal implementation unit (local one), which represent home office in court hearings.

The best number to ring is the above one. Hope that helps

pathanz_rule
Newly Registered

FAO Sandeep

Post by pathanz_rule » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:00 am

Upon your request i am providing the exact dates of the appeal decision and the call letter.

I won the appeal on the 1st of May 2009

Got my call letter on the 13th of July 2009

I sent my passport to the AIT on the 23rd of July 2009.

And so far i have not heard any thing from them, even no acknowledgement letter from them to tell me that they have recieved my passport. But i checked on royal mail website so i m sure now that my passport has been delivered to the homeoffice on the 24th of July, 2009. Now i am more worried and cant wait to be honest. If anything else i can help with please let me know.

Regards

pathanz_rule
Newly Registered

Sorry sandeep

Post by pathanz_rule » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:17 am

Sandeep i gave the wrong dates, my apologies. The right dates are below

won appeal on the 1st of May 2009

got call letter on the 13th of June 2009

and sent passport on the 23rd of June 2009

oliver71
Newly Registered

Post by oliver71 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:34 pm

I won the case on 2oth of may 2009 and got judgement 21st may 2009 yet not received call in letter just waiting

sandeep123
Newly Registered

Re: Sorry sandeep

Post by sandeep123 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi,

Y did it take more than a month to get call in letter. did u contact presenting unit or appeal implenetation during this period. Do u know anyway we can fasten this process.

Thanks
sandeep

Sandeep i gave the wrong dates, my apologies. The right dates are below

won appeal on the 1st of May 2009

got call letter on the 13th of June 2009

and sent passport on the 23rd of June 2009[/quote]

pathanz_rule
Newly Registered

FAO Sandeep

Post by pathanz_rule » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:10 am

No i did'nt contact anyone to fasten the process. cuz i was been told by the home office customer service that it will take up to six weeks. so i waited.

sandeep123
Newly Registered

Re: FAO Sandeep

Post by sandeep123 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:10 am

HI Pathanz,

Did you get ur passport back? plz update. I am still waiting for my call in letter. I own the appeal on 15 July. How long do I have to wait more.

Thanks
Sandeep

pathanz_rule wrote:No i did'nt contact anyone to fasten the process. cuz i was been told by the home office customer service that it will take up to six weeks. so i waited.

pathanz_rule
Newly Registered

Got my passport

Post by pathanz_rule » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Sandeep I got my passport on the 7th of august . My call letter took 40 days . And my passport took nearly 7 weeks

bazzyboi
Newly Registered

Post by bazzyboi » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:43 pm

jack199 wrote:Hi,

Good Luck

Hi I tried sending you a private message but it didn't work as I think for some funny reason, my outgoin messages are blocked! I found your advice & reviews very helpful. Just need some advice if you could help please!

I have won my appeal & submitted my passport for visa endorsement.

I am just awaiting my passport & had an e-mail from the BHC Chennai informing me that they are making enquiries & would make FINAL DECISON once these enquiries are completed!

But I thought the final decision had already been taken by the tribunal. Its been 3 weeks since I submitted my passport. Is there anyway I can speed up my visa endorsement process

Is getting a letter from local MP of any help? I have already suffered enough & I honestly can't take it anymore. What enquiries do they need to make now? I was going to go ballsitic over them but I kept myself calm because I do not want to jeoprodise anything now.

Any advice would be precious.

Many Thanks for your help!

Thanks!