ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship for visit Visa?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ozzee
Newly Registered

Sponsorship for visit Visa?

Post by Ozzee » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:19 pm

Hello,

Anyone knows whether for a visit visa i can get a friend who is a permanent resident in Canada to write me a sponsorship letter mentioning that i am coming to visit him and stuff?

Is it a good idea, please let me have your comments on this!

Thanks,
Ozzee

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:11 pm

While such evidence is useful in demonstrating that there may be some support for you in Canada, it is your intentions upon entry that are paramount to your application. These (intentions) in turn are evaluated on the basis of your social economic ties (job, family, income etc) to a country in which you are a national or legal long term resident. In summary the letter should add to rather than form the basis of your application.

Ozzee
Newly Registered

Post by Ozzee » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:02 pm

thanks for your reply,

Is there any rule that makes the applicant for a visit visa to have the bank of account showing all his income in the country from where he is applying from?

Like i work in another country then my home country but my pay goes to my home country, so is it possible for me to apply from teh country i work in and show my bank balance from my home country?

Thanks,
Ozzee

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:03 am

Sure you may show available funds from your multiple accounts (to include home country) but the visa officer will need to know its source/ origin such that this turns out to be bona-fide in relation to your stated information.