ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Application Processing Time.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jessiecarvalho
Newly Registered

EEA4 Application Processing Time.

Post by jessiecarvalho » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:43 am

I am a Non EEA dependant of a EEA national and applied for the permanent residence 26th January 2009 using EEA4. I spoke to a UKBA Customer Service Advisor today at 11:50 am who identified herself as Rachel and she advised me that my application form has not yet been allocated to a case handler.

This is position is deeply frustrating when you cannot leave the country and the 5 year EU visa has already expired and no one will let you in (if you request passport for urgent travel) unless it is temporarily updated by the British Consulate in the country you visit. But this process could take days and one might not have intended to travel for 3-4 weeks.

I think the MP route is completely ineffective. I say this from past expereince.

Has anyone considered using a good Immigration Lawyer for such matters? If so, a recommendation would be most helpful.

abidjan1

Re: EEA4 Application Processing Time.

Post by abidjan1 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:13 pm

hi
i have been in the same situation as you what i did was to complain to the customer service.
i will advice you to complain both by email and recorded mail until you receive a letter from them. here are the infos you will need

NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

postal adress
Address: North West Region CSU, PO Box 99, Manchester M90 3WW

good luck

Silwin
Newly Registered

Post by Silwin » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:00 pm

I've had my passport with the home office since sept 08 and i still havent heard from em.
i called, emailed written to em .. but no joy ..

i'm in the same boat as you :(