ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRITISH OVERSEAS CITIZEN

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

itsmetheleo
Newly Registered

BRITISH OVERSEAS CITIZEN

Post by itsmetheleo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:11 pm

Hi,

My Grandpa is British Overseas Citizen
Am I eligible to get British Citizen but I am sure my mother can get the citizenship but I have no idea whether I am eligible.

Please guide me.

Thanks

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:02 pm

Don't have any experience or knowledge, but do have a friend whose father is British she got citzenship for herself but her son (his grandchild) was said to be "too far removed from the crown" to be granted British citizenship.

Not sure of actual laws though.

Maybe somebody with better knowledge of the UKBA law can give you advice.

ben_scaro

Post by ben_scaro » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:48 pm

I'm not absolutely clear but I don't think even where the status is passed on, that it goes any more than one generation.

BOC to BC is really only open to those who have no other nationality and have not lost or renounced another nationality after 4 July 2002.

I'm assuming given it was your grandpa who was BOC, your father held another nationality?

Ben