ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

For Suggestion, Thanks for anyone replying!

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mayitbe
Newly Registered

For Suggestion, Thanks for anyone replying!

Post by mayitbe » Wed May 12, 2004 10:13 pm

:D :D
I am now a international student studing the MSc couse in Engineering Design, I like the automotive area and design product as well !

I am about to graduate from the university. I am now seeking the jobs around UK.

I am here for any suggestions, and also can have the chance to talk with all guys here!

Thanks very much! By the way, I am now in Leicestshire. :o

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu May 13, 2004 7:33 am

Presumably you will be graduating from a UK university (Leicester Uni) this summer having undertaken a science and engineering degree course- if so you will have employment rights in the UK for atleast a year..

The rules are yet to be published
Where there is a will there is a way.

mayitbe
Newly Registered

Post by mayitbe » Thu May 13, 2004 9:34 pm

Thanks a lot, ur guess is definitely right, I am doing the engineering course.

I have heard about this new policy, but......hopefully should be more in detail :( :( waiting for the summer time.

Is there any good places for engineering students to find some relative job?

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri May 14, 2004 7:18 am

Start with your careers advise office
Where there is a will there is a way.

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Fri May 14, 2004 7:47 am

Although, be careful about this! :!:

There has been a suggestion by one of the senior people (Kayalami I think) that in light of all the current events on the immigration/EU enlargment, the whole science and engineering scheme *might* get scrapped.

My advice would be to go looking for jobs, making sure you tell employers about the scheme so that they don't just turn you away because you 'need a Work Permit' 8) . And then, if worst comes to worst, you have a job secured and the HO scraps the scheme, your employer will probably apply for your WP (or HO might allow some kind of easier fast-track for those who depended on that scheme). ;)

So much from me.

mayitbe
Newly Registered

Post by mayitbe » Fri May 14, 2004 2:26 pm

Thanks very much for u guys replying me! :P :P

So is there any good website for me to find some relative jobs, actually I have found the information from the career service in our university, but mostly of them are for the undergraduate students.....what a pity :cry: :cry:

Especially for the post-graduate, any good websites or something else?

Cheers

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri May 14, 2004 2:40 pm

Your careers service is the best place to go - their job service is useful to all students be they undergrad or postgrad. An added advantage is they will have suitable resources under one roof - they are also paid to help you get a job because it improves the university's ratings. Note that the autmotive industry is going through a painful period which impacts on opportunities although possesion of an MSc is an advantage. I look forward to seeing your name in the F1 arena 8) .

mayitbe
Newly Registered

Post by mayitbe » Fri May 14, 2004 3:30 pm

:o :o many thanks!
I am also hoping that I can be involved in the F1. It's fantastic area. :D :D

I wish my dream will be come ture. haha

Another thing is that when I am sending my CV, should I note that there is a new policy for the international students, or they may won't know that, I am a little bit confused. :wink:

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri May 14, 2004 4:06 pm

1. Slow down dude - the post engineering employment scheme was announced by the government last year - they had said they would publish the rules by the summer of 2004 when the scheme is anticipated to commence. You may have noticed that the government in so far as immigration policy consistently leave everything to the last minute then make a hash of things. Until the rules are published you cannot quote this scheme on a CV or to any employers.

2. Yet again - go to your careers office and ask them for employers whom they historically know have sponsored Work Permits - don't pin your hopes on a 'scheme' that is yet to be defined. Your UK MSc meets the academic requirements for the grant of a work permit. You also need to think outside the box and identify areas/ industries other then automotive where your design knowledge can be used - at the moment all I'm hearing is 'I want to work in design'....of what?? You may also wish to review the website of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers - they will have bags of info on design. You may also find it useful to link this with your undergraduate degree which you do not detail.

mayitbe
Newly Registered

Post by mayitbe » Sat May 15, 2004 2:13 pm

so clearly, thanks.
sometimes, I am definitely a little bit anxious. haha

My bachelor degree is Mechatronic that is the area intergrated with mechanical and electrical.

Thanks very much for the suggestion, I should go to the career service for some time and try to get some useful information. haha

Next week ,examination is coming ... :!: :!:

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Mon May 17, 2004 11:53 am

Win A 6 Month Placement with Renault F1
The Altran Engineering Academy, in association with The Daily Telegraph and the Renault F1 Team has launched a search for Britain's outstanding young engineer of the year. Engineering and science students should apply at www.telegraph.co.uk/altran. The winner will be granted a six month engineering placement with the Renault F1 Team including full salary, free apartment and company car.
Damn, why did I already sign my contract! :shock:

P.s. mayitbe, if you get it, I am expecting free tix to a few gran'-pris :)

mayitbe
Newly Registered

Post by mayitbe » Wed May 19, 2004 12:29 pm

I have heard about that from the university, hehe. I am going to have a try, haha just have a try :o :o

You have already signed your contract! o great!!! No why, my friend, it's a really good news!!

haha, I am also looking forward to have a chance to signing a contract!! :wink: