ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Case study. Dont know what to call it!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jimbolo
Newly Registered

EEA Case study. Dont know what to call it!

Post by jimbolo » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:55 pm

Hi Everyone,
I need serious advise concerning my eea application. I submitted my application to the homeoffice through a lawyer, few week after that i got COA of my application. But in august i recieved a questionaire from the homeoffice which filled with my lawyer with the required documents(the lawyer said he sent it). I have been waiting since then for their reply but nothing was forth coming so i decided to call them; to my supprise i was told they dont have any record of my reply to the questionaire and documents.
What should i do?
Is my lawyer sincere?
What if my lawyer say he submitted by hand how can i prove it?
is there a law society i can report him(lawyer) to?
Pls i need your help.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:10 pm

I don't think you need to start shouting the odds against your lawyer or make any wild accusation. It might be the case that he sent it and they misplaced it or failed to log it on their system.

Obviously, he would have a recorded delivery receipt, you could start by asking him for a copy of that.

Stay calm and hear what your lawyer has to say, before proceeding to the Law Society.

You can also ask the HO to send you another questionnaire.

Can i ask, if i may what were the content of the questionnaire.

You could write the information the requested on the questionnaire and forward it to the border agency via Recorded Delivery.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

henroo
Newly Registered

Post by henroo » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:01 am

:?:

jimbolo
Newly Registered

Post by jimbolo » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:04 am

I am not shouting and neither am i accusing him, I am just seeking advice. Thanks for your help...

jimbolo
Newly Registered

Post by jimbolo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:23 am

I had the greatest shock of my life. my lawyer admitted he did not send the questionaire and the documents requested for by UKBA since August. He said he gave it to one of the lawyers to submite not knowning that the guy didn't and that the guy didnt return my file to it usual place.
I told him he doesnt expect me to believe his story plus he knew i was given 28 days to return the documents, he started apologizing.
I just want to point something out to people here to be involve in the application process as well. take time to call UKBA or write if you can, dont put all your hope on a lawyer. Imagine if i hadn't have called the UKBA?
I have sent the quest and Documents but dont know what they would say.

Richir2909
Newly Registered

Post by Richir2909 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:02 pm

From personal experience, few lawyers are conversant with the EU/EEA Application Route. Plus they tend to charge you lots for doing very little.
Of course, it is wise to get advice but sometimes it may be beneficial to speak with a few lawyers/browse forums like this one to get better understanding of the process.