ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ozzee
Newly Registered

Visit Visa

Post by Ozzee » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:34 am

Hello All,

Is it necessary to be doing a job if one applies for a visit visa to Canada, as i am planning to visit a friend and my job being such that i have just finsihed one contract and negotiating for the other one, by not being employed at the moment affect my chances of a successful application, i have my own funds of around 60,000 CAD to show in my application.

Ozzee

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:27 pm

A permanent job is one of the strongest socio-economic ties you have in your country of origin that will compel you to return after your visit to Canada. A lack of such will thus weaken your application. While the visa officer will consider your funds he/she may take the view that such may result in you hanging out in Canada longer than necessary. It might be ideal to travel after you have your new contract but prior to commencing employment. What is your field of employment?

Ozzee
Newly Registered

Post by Ozzee » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:59 pm

Hello,

I work as a Telecom Consultant, providing consultancy to different mobile operators and vendors.Right now i am just negotiating with 2-3 companies so my job will i guess take 2-3 weeks.

Ozzee

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:13 pm

Visa officers are understandably wary of appplicants working in jobs that can be done remotely hanging out in Canada on a visitor visa...your field of employment is a prime candidate for this. I suggest you wait for the new contract then apply for the visa. Does your work require you to be physically present in the relevant country?

rely

Re: Visit Visa

Post by rely » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:44 am

Ozzee wrote:Hello All,

Is it necessary to be doing a job if one applies for a visit visa to Canada, as i am planning to visit a friend and my job being such that i have just finsihed one contract and negotiating for the other one, by not being employed at the moment affect my chances of a successful application, i have my own funds of around 60,000 CAD to show in my application.

Ozzee
Did you travel abroad related to your job before?Particularly US/UK or some Europeon coutnry.If yes then the chances are bright.Of course a permanet job do help.
rely