ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

They lost my passport....what do you recon

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

neighbourboy

They lost my passport....what do you recon

Post by neighbourboy » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:01 pm

Hello,

Homeoffice may have lost my passport, as far as i know they delivered to wrong address and it has been returned back to them as far as royal mail has to say.

can you suggest me what can i do in this situation? I have written 4 times already to the address from which I had received the letter.
Please let me know.

Thank you

heman

Post by heman » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:41 pm

What, how did they make such a mistake??
did u change ur address recently??
If I were you, I would have ordered a new passport from the local embassy to UK by now. Just informed everyone about the fact, you may get a solution u never know. I dont know if u have to inform the police or not. I feel sorry for u mate

neighbourboy

Post by neighbourboy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:40 am

Thanks for your reply heman.

Well they sent my passport to an address which is totally unknown to me. I have never lived there never worked there I am not sure how did they manage to send.

Currently situation is Royal Mail says they have sent it back to sender which is homeoffice ofcourse and homeoffice says they havent received it.
Its totally careless situation out there.

however do you know how long it takes if i make my new passport and get it stamped from HO?

heman

Post by heman » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:20 pm

i can guess may be,
may be around 1.5-2.5 months.... not sure to be honest

neighbourboy

Post by neighbourboy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:46 am

Guys and Galssssss got my passport back..yahooo...........

Initailly they lost it but kept on contacting with AIT and writing recorded letters to:

Appeal Implementation Unit
Waterside House
471 Kirkstall Road
Leeds. West Yorkshire.
LS4 2QB

with some threats ofcourse....and job done.....
Good luck

markbecken09
Newly Registered

Post by markbecken09 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:41 pm

Hey,
I actually once lost my passport for several months. I searched high and low for it and even gave my bedroom a good clear out. One day I was routing through things and found my cardboard case for one of my feeder albums and decided I was going to put the CD case back inside it only to find my passport fall out from within. I was ecstatic. I had been told many times to report it missing to the police but I was certain it was somewhere in the house, I was right. I put it there and had decided it would be the place I will keep it all the time since I kept mis-placing it but then I had forgotten I had put it in there. What a odd place to begin with.

Thanks.