ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fingerprint checking at UK border?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Fingerprint checking at UK border?

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:01 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/trave ... at-border/

This says they are going to start checking the finger prints of people who have biometric visas. Very unclear from the press release if that will include the family members of EU/EEA citizens, since those people are not subject to immigration controls in the traditional sense.

Anyone know more?

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:11 am

My partner has a biometric visa but was never asked to provide fingerprints at the border, this was Humberside Airport though, I suspect they are rolling it out at the big entry points first.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:18 am

My wife had to do the eye scan when she applied for the EEA FP in Tokyo but I wonder if this data would be now connected with her residence card. Do they still do eye scans for EEA FP applications? Is the EEA FP a biometric visa? The RC is obviously not.