ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refugee Status(Family Reunion)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

refugee
Newly Registered

Refugee Status(Family Reunion)

Post by refugee » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:12 am

Dear respected members,

Before I state my problem here is a brief history. I came to UK in 2000 and claimed asylum on arrival. After few months I was granted indefinite leave to remain as refugee recognised under UN convention 1591. Few months later I applied for family reunion, thanks to the embassy they processd my application so quickyly and my remaining 4 children were able to join me 15 days after submitting the forms.

Here is some great news for me and my family. One of my daughter who was gone missing(possibly kidnapped) have now been found 12 years after her disappearance at the age of 5. We searched for her everywhere in the country but couldn't find her so we thought she might have got drowned in the nearby sea. The problem is that in the interview with home office I was never asked this nor i mentioned it. Is this a problem?

I strongly think Home Office will need do DNA tests to prove that she really is my child. Would it be okay if do DNA test at HO authorized Labs and send it with my application in order to speed it up.

Regards

refugee

John

Post by John » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:24 am

I shall let others deal with the DNA test point you ask about.

But can I ask, how old is the daughter now? You say she went missing at the age of 5 and has now turned up 12 years later. Mathematically that makes her at least 17 now ... but when is she 18? Indeed is she already 18?

I ask this because it would seem to be important that the application for her ILE visa needs to be made before she is 18, otherwise matters will start to get more complicated to say the least. So don't delay the submission of the child's visa application simply because the DNA tests have not been done.

But I have to ask, after all this time, are you absolutely sure this is your daughter? What leads you to think that? Have you already had your own DNA tests done to confirm that?
John