ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

do i need to send marriage certificate for dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

esal

do i need to send marriage certificate for dependent visa

Post by esal » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:55 pm

hi ppl,

do i need to send marriage certificate for dependent visa as its no where mentioned to send any evidence for dependent visa.

I will be applying for my tier2 visa along with my wife's dependent visa same time.

thanks,
esal

ash786
BANNED

Re: do i need to send marriage certificate for dependent vis

Post by ash786 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:06 pm

esal wrote:hi ppl,

do i need to send marriage certificate for dependent visa as its no where mentioned to send any evidence for dependent visa.

I will be applying for my tier2 visa along with my wife's dependent visa same time.

thanks,
esal
1. It is not a requirement but if u have it then just send it.
2. If u wife came from u home country then it will be on their record anyway or if she changed her status to u dpendent then the same applies.
3. If you lokk at the summary sheet at the end of the form of MAIN APPLICANT or DEPENDENT APPLICANT then u will see taht there is a box for Marriage Certificate which is not compulsory.

esal

Post by esal » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:20 am

thank you ash...

for the quick and clear reply.

Currently I am on PSW(fresh talent visa) and my wife already on dependant visa.

first I thouht lets send the marriage certificate but then realised it says Govt of Maharashtra and not India.. so was not sure if it will create some confusion at home office :)

so if its not compulsory and as you said they must be having her details as my dependant anyway on their systems.

thanks,