ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting Parents to live in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nadeem_varsi
Newly Registered

Getting Parents to live in UK

Post by nadeem_varsi » Sun May 23, 2004 3:38 pm

Dear all,

I am in UK from about a years now with my wife and a kid and expecting HSMP visa soon. I Basically wanted to know about how could I get my Parents to live with me here in UK. we have culture of indian background. my sister who use to stay with my parent and look after them is married and living her own life now. This has lead my parent alone now. Its difficult to see my parents stay alone without anyone to look after them. They are 47 and 53 years of age resp.

I am aware that they could visit me on visiting visa, but could there be anything like dependent visa or equivalent which would enable them to stay with me in UK.

Your advise will be highly appreciated for this.

Thanks in Advance

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Sun May 23, 2004 3:47 pm

See link below:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... hlight=dip

Please send a PM to Kayalami and/or Dip ..They are experts in this area.

However you will have to provide information which may be of a very personal nature
Where there is a will there is a way.

tdabash

Post by tdabash » Sun May 23, 2004 8:20 pm

Hello there,

I am sorry to say it would be very difficult to have dependant visas for your parents

The main rule is Para 317 of the immigration law which is not applicable to your parents

You need to prove that they are mainly dependant financially on you and there is a most exceptional circumstance and then their dependant visas will be decided outside the rules

It is expected that their visa will be initially refused and there will be an appeal that may take approximately 12 months to be heard. The main issue is to convince the adjudicator of their financial dependency and the most exceptional circumstances. Your capability to maintain and accommodate them in the UK without restoration to public funds must be unquestionable. The outcome is unpredictable though.

You need an excellent immigration lawyer and to keep your fingers crossed. In my opinion, IAS is unreliable. You will be expected to pay a few thousand pounds for the lawyer with no guaranteed outcome. Please remember, there are two visas here and probable two appeals.

If you wish to proceed, please do not ask them to apply without good preparation from the UK , calculation of the possibilities and plan of action

The Decision is yours

Good Luck :)

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Sun May 23, 2004 8:51 pm

I am sorry to say it would be very difficult to have dependant visas for your parents
No harm in trying though - but all these things take time!

All the best

tdabash

Post by tdabash » Sun May 23, 2004 9:03 pm

No harm in trying though
As a personal opinion, I agree with you chess.I would do whatever I can for my parents. Wouldn't you?

Did you have a nice week end? :)
Last edited by tdabash on Sun May 23, 2004 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Sun May 23, 2004 9:09 pm

Did you have a nice week end? :)
Not a bad weekend - weather has been good..

feels a bit like sunny Africa 8)

tdabash

Post by tdabash » Sun May 23, 2004 9:22 pm

Viva Africa 8)
NOTHING IS LIKE IT :)