ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR ON WORK PERMIT WITH DEPENDANT

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

m_man1

ILR ON WORK PERMIT WITH DEPENDANT

Post by m_man1 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi all ,

Hope i get some help here and some advice,,,,,

with great difficulty to book online and after trying nearly everyday to book appointment i was able to get my appointment

i ahve a few queries about including my wife with me in ilr

i am applying in 5 years work permit catg and we both have finished life in uk

i would like to ask , as my wife recently joined me on a work permit dependant(its been a couple of months) can i include her as my dependant in ilr application or there are any restrictions on the dependants ?

also will i need to take any statements or address prooof for her?or just the passport is enough evidence (ive got a joint bank a/c just in case to be on a safer side)

And does she need to come along with me to the appointment as the website doesnt give any information on that

as it took a lot of work for the appointment i dont want it to go in vain

please advice

geriatrix

Re: ILR ON WORK PERMIT WITH DEPENDANT

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:13 pm

m_man1 wrote:i would like to ask , as my wife recently joined me on a work permit dependant(its been a couple of months) can i include her as my dependant in ilr application or there are any restrictions on the dependants ?
Yes. See response to your earlier post.
m_man1 wrote:And does she need to come along with me to the appointment as the website doesnt give any information on that
No. See answer already given in response to your earlier post with same query.
m_man1 wrote:also will i need to take any statements or address prooof for her?or just the passport is enough evidence (ive got a joint bank a/c just in case to be on a safer side)
Reading this will help.

regards

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:13 pm

thans a lot mate

the last post a great help probably ,

but it doesnt mention on the ukba site to have address proof for the dependants , will i be questioned on it

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:33 pm

m_man1 wrote:but it doesnt mention on the ukba site to have address proof for the dependants , will i be questioned on it
Depends on the caseworker! There is no harm in carrying some document(s) as evidence that dependent (wife/husband) and main applicant live together (cohabitation).

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

regards

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:46 pm

thanks sush

for sure hope for d best be prepared for worst

varunadas
Newly Registered

Re: ILR ON WORK PERMIT WITH DEPENDANT

Post by varunadas » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:03 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
m_man1 wrote:i would like to ask , as my wife recently joined me on a work permit dependant(its been a couple of months) can i include her as my dependant in ilr application or there are any restrictions on the dependants ?
Yes. See response to your earlier post.
m_man1 wrote:And does she need to come along with me to the appointment as the website doesnt give any information on that
No. See answer already given in response to your earlier post with same query.
m_man1 wrote:also will i need to take any statements or address prooof for her?or just the passport is enough evidence (ive got a joint bank a/c just in case to be on a safer side)
Reading this will help.

regards
I will be eligible to apply for my ILR in July 2010 after 5 years on Work Permit. My wife has a Work Permit Dependent visa who came in Sep 2005 and had been with me till May 2009 with yearly annual vacations. Since May 2009 she has been in India. Would I be able to apply for family ILR (me, wife and son) in July 2010 if I get her over here in UK in July. I do not want to get ILR for myself in which case she and my son will have to change their visa to ILR dependant before they return to UK and then wait for 2 years to apply for ILR/citizenship.

Also I do not have any formal address proof for her as all utility payments are on my name. She has no UK bank account as she was housewife. The maximum I could provide is some NHS letters on her name. Will that be an issue ?

Would be helpful if you can advise.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:11 am

I am not certain, but I doubt that the dependents are required to follow the same time restrictions regarding absences, as far as ILR is concerned.

My reasoning -
1. When applying for ILR at the same time as the main migrant, there is no section in SET(O) that asks for details of dependent's absences from UK.
2. When applying for ILR seperately from the main migrant, there is no section in SET (M) that asks for details of the applicant's absences from UK (in this case, dependent is the applicant filing the form on his/her own).

But it should be kept in mind that that long absences may affect naturalisation (450 days in 5 years; 270 days in 3 years for spouse visa holders).

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:04 pm

hi

just to check that the dependants need not accompany the main applicant for the peo appointment i have come across the forum it says they need not but do i need to carry any letter from the dependant or just the joint a/c statements are good enough also ive got a letter of national insurance number for my spouse do you think that its enough evidence for address proof