ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS Score

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sherlypk

IELTS Score

Post by sherlypk » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:16 am

Hi ,

My IELTS overall score is 6.5 I got more than 6 in all areas except in Reading.

In Reading I got 5.5 (':cry:')

Can I claim points for Competenet i.e 20 or Do I have to reappear in IELTS.

Regards,

Sherly

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:33 pm

Note the spelling of "competent". :D

I guess they are interested in your overall score, and since you're above 6, you should be fine.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong... it's been a while since I did my application for migration to Australia.

R

Oz Alternative
Newly Registered

November Ruling

Post by Oz Alternative » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:32 am

There have been recent major changes regarding the proof of English. By right, you need the required score in EACH of the four bands unless you are only trying to prove 'functional' in which case they look at the overall score. Because the changes are so recent, the case workers seem to be more picky now.

You can probably submit and your case worker will ask you to re-sit it later on when they ask for your medicals. But strictly speaking, she would have the right to fail you for not providing sufficient proof of English, although that is highly unlikely.

Oz Alternative