ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FORM FLR_M- extension as spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

soysauce
Newly Registered

FORM FLR_M- extension as spouse

Post by soysauce » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:32 pm

hi
i am a postgrad student and currently holding a student visa that expires on 30 Aug 2006. I got married in Sep 2005 and i'd like to extend my visa under the category as a spouse of a person present and settled in the UK.
Is the form FLR_M correct in my circumstance?
I am thinking of applying in person within 2 weeks. I just have a couple of queries i wonder if anyone could help:
1. My husband earns £20,000 a year and as a student i am only allowed 20 hours a week to work therefore my earnings is only enough to cover the rent and basic stuff. How can i prove that it is enough for us to live on?
2. As my visa runs out at the end of Aug so if i apply in person at the end of Jan would there be enough time?
3. What are the main documents i need to prepare?

Thank you very much.
Ann

John

Post by John » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:10 pm

Ann, sorry about the delay .... just spotted this.

The form FLR(M) is indeed the correct form to use to make the application.

Using your numbering :-
  1. That should be OK. And do appreciate that when you have your spouse visa the 20 hours per week limit will no longer apply to you. The holder of a spouse visa can work as unlimited number of hours.
  2. You could have applied as soon as the marriage had happened, so clearly you can apply now. You can either apply in person at a PEO ... same-day service if you have all the correct supporting documentation .... cost £500 .... or apply by post .... say three to four weeks ... cost £335.
  3. Documents? Download the form .. it incorporates its own guidance.
John