ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost old expired passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kk1983
Newly Registered

lost old expired passport

Post by kk1983 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:55 pm

hello there i am applying for tier 1 general visa but the problem is my old expired passport on which i travelled to uk has gone missing. it has my student visa on it. My new passport has the valid visa (PSW) which i am sending to HO. Can anyone advice if anyone have had similar experience .. i am attaching the scanned copies of my expired passport documents for the safer side and also the lost police report. Your co operation will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
kk

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:21 pm

i am attaching the scanned copies of my expired passport documents for the safer side and also the lost police report.
Then there should not be any problem.

hsmpaspirant2008

Re: lost old expired passport

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:32 am

Guidance states that you will need to provide the passport which shows your current leave to remain in the UK.

You stated that you had used the old passport for travelling to UK initially and you have a valid reason for not providing (police report) I cannot see you having any trouble.

Good luck.
kk1983 wrote:hello there i am applying for tier 1 general visa but the problem is my old expired passport on which i travelled to uk has gone missing. it has my student visa on it. My new passport has the valid visa (PSW) which i am sending to HO. Can anyone advice if anyone have had similar experience .. i am attaching the scanned copies of my expired passport documents for the safer side and also the lost police report. Your co operation will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
kk

push

Post by push » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:58 pm

shouldn't be a problem
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:29 pm

While your application is being considered, now might be a good time to report the theft or whatever to police and get a crime reference number.

You ALWAYS need to be very careful about your travel documents and if it become an issue(highly unlikely) then you can atleast tell them, officially, that your passport went missing and you have crime reference number... Just to be on the safe side

EDIT: cross that, should have read your post with my eyes open :)