ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits whilst husband is on a marriage visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kalilah08
Newly Registered

Benefits whilst husband is on a marriage visa

Post by kalilah08 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:22 am

Hi,

Does anyone know if I am able to claim any benefits whilst my husband is on a marriage visa.
I am currently not claiming any benefits at the moment but we are really struggling and our baby is due in 6 weeks time.
Do you know if I am entitled to claim housing benefit or anything (I am a british citizen).

Thank you

glowbeg2
Newly Registered

Re: Benefits whilst husband is on a marriage visa

Post by glowbeg2 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:28 am

kalilah08 wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know if I am able to claim any benefits whilst my husband is on a marriage visa.
I am currently not claiming any benefits at the moment but we are really struggling and our baby is due in 6 weeks time.
Do you know if I am entitled to claim housing benefit or anything (I am a british citizen).

Thank you
i can quess you can, for example Child Benefit, best check other benefits from your local council with the housing benefit and im sure they would be able to help...

peace :lol:

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: Benefits whilst husband is on a marriage visa

Post by mochyn » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:18 am

kalilah08 wrote:Hi,

Thank you
As you are a British citizen, you are entitled to ALL the benefits, housing, council tax, jobseekers, tax credits, child benefits and much more.

Contact Citizens Advice Bureau for more detail or DWP, Local Council

John

Post by John » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:39 am

kalilah08, before starting your topic, did you read the first pinned topic in this Claiming Benefits section? If not, suggest you do that now, because technical arguments are set out there.
John

kalilah08
Newly Registered

Post by kalilah08 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:06 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your replies, you have been very helpful.
John I hadn't read the 'Claiming Benefits' section but I have now, sorry I didnt read that before posting.