ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approval letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jk2007
BANNED

ILR Approval letter

Post by Jk2007 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:08 pm

When ILR is granted, would there be separate approval letter issued for the main applicant and each dependent? What is the significance of this approval letter, is this to be preserved as proof of approval (or) the ILR stamp on the passport is just enough to prove the ILR status?

wunder
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Approval letter

Post by wunder » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Jk2007 wrote:When ILR is granted, would there be separate approval letter issued for the main applicant and each dependent? What is the significance of this approval letter, is this to be preserved as proof of approval (or) the ILR stamp on the passport is just enough to prove the ILR status?
I would keep it (just in case - it might be useful if you will lose your passport with ILR vignette), but it is not required for anything.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm

wunder wrote:
Jk2007 wrote:When ILR is granted, would there be separate approval letter issued for the main applicant and each dependent? What is the significance of this approval letter, is this to be preserved as proof of approval (or) the ILR stamp on the passport is just enough to prove the ILR status?
I would keep it (just in case - it might be useful if you will lose your passport with ILR vignette), but it is not required for anything.
If you loss your passport or unable to present your passport than This letter confirms your ILR status. Its very important keep it safe.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:52 pm

They provide you letter. Its very important letter. Yes its proof of your ILR ( after your passport ). In case you loss your passport or unable to present your passport than this letter is like pain killer ( prove of your ILR ). Keep it safe.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:36 am

Thanks very much Wunder, and Tim555 for your replies.

Would they issue the letter only for the main applicant, or one each for the dependendent?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:32 am

JK2007 wrote
Thanks very much Wunder, and Tim555 for your replies.

Would they issue the letter only for the main applicant, or one each for the dependendent?
Yes, one each for the main applicant and each dependent will receive ILR becuase from ILR onward you can now individually apply for citizenship without depending on any one as long as you are over 18 years old if the person choose to go that way.

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Tim555 wrote:
They provide you letter. Its very important letter. Yes its proof of your ILR ( after your passport ). In case you loss your passport or unable to present your passport than this letter is like pain killer ( prove of your ILR ). Keep it safe.

I dont' get it? It's just a paper. The home office will have all your details on their system already.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:01 pm

dajumper wrote:[

I dont' get it? It's just a paper. The home office will have all your details on their system already.[/quote]

As already posted, this letter can be a 'pain killer' as it will make it easier for them to find your details in the event that you lose your passport. the last thing you want is to rely on UKBA systems when you desperately need to have your ILR stamped in your new passport.

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:12 pm

i dont' buy it! This is the 21st century.

Are you saying that by giving them your name, date of birth, country of origin & futher details that it would be difficult for them to locate your profile on the system?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:29 pm

dajumper wrote:i dont' buy it! This is the 21st century.

Are you saying that by giving them your name, date of birth, country of origin & futher details that it would be difficult for them to locate your profile on the system?
noone said it was impossible. what i was saying is that it will probably speed up the process and help them bring out your files quicker. As things go when you lose your passport it times when you need it most. so when you are desperate to travel the last thing you want is to be relying on the UKBA 21st century systems to process your application quickly.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:02 pm

dajumper wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

I dont' get it? It's just a paper. The home office will have all your details on their system already.
Not JUST a piece of PAPER. It appears following things:

0) your case ID.
1) your unique home office reference,
2) your DOB,
3) Name and
4) Address.
5) It also confirms you have granted ILR.

What else you need? So many things on that piece of paper.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:06 pm

dajumper wrote:i dont' buy it! This is the 21st century.

Are you saying that by giving them:
a) your name,
b) date of birth,
d) country of origin &
e) futher details that it would be difficult for them to locate your profile on the system?
True its 21st century. That's why Home Office is giving you a covering letter along with IRL to make their ( & your ) life easy.

Why would you give SO MANY DETAILS?

Why not forward JUST ILR Letter.

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:13 pm

I'm not arging with you guys to not provide the letter if you already have it.

All i'm saying is i dont' think it's that big a deal if you don't have it.

C'mon be more realistic. When ever you apply for anything they will always want to see proof of id.

Besides, your name, date of birth will already appear on your new passport when you submit that in to get a new irl stamp. duh!

bani

Post by bani » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:51 pm

dajumper wrote:I'm not arging with you guys to not provide the letter if you already have it.

All i'm saying is i dont' think it's that big a deal if you don't have it.

C'mon be more realistic. When ever you apply for anything they will always want to see proof of id.

Besides, your name, date of birth will already appear on your new passport when you submit that in to get a new irl stamp. duh!
but not your HO Ref. no. that is in all the letters they send you, but never on the temporary residency or ILR stamps.

i have a scan of the letter in my email account, as well as a scan of the ILR stamp. as someone who has lost her passport in a foreign country before and had to come back to the UK, I can tell you every proof of your UK status helps.