ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP EXTENTION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ajani

HSMP EXTENTION

Post by ajani » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:07 pm

I hope somebody can help me with my query.
I was granted HSMP in 2003. In 2004 i brought my children to the UK. However, because my visa and those of my children was less than 6months before expiration, the local education authorities refused them admission to school.

I contacted the HSMP and was granted extention about three months before the expiration of my visa.
The implication of this is that by January 2007 when my visa expires i will not have completed 4years on HSMP, although i had a student visa for almost 2years before getting the HSMP visa.

My question is this, can i apply to HSMP team for indefinite leave in 2007 in the hope that the caseworker can use his or her discretion to approve the application or do i apply for another extention.

I prefer the first option as this will save me money.I recollect that when i called the HSMP team before getting the extention, the caseworker told me because i have stayed some years as a student, my application can be considered for early extention. Is this likely to be the same for the indefinite leave?

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:26 pm

No.

You have to aply for another extension for your existing HSMP so that your HSMP years add upto 4 years.

You would not qyualify for ILR in Jan 07.

Your student years do not count!!!!
Where there is a will there is a way.

tvt

Post by tvt » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:46 am

Your have no chance of getting an ILR before the qualifying period.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>