ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Journey To Indefinite Leave To Remain in UK :

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vamiq.khan

Journey To Indefinite Leave To Remain in UK :

Post by Vamiq.khan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:02 am

Dear All,

I am living in Uk Since Jan 2003. Right after 7 years of stay as a student. I achieved another 2 years of stay on PSW visa scheme. My total stay is making up a total stay of 9 years till Jan 2012. I need another 1 year to make 10 years which is a requirement for filing ILR. My worries is linked with the way I made 10 years is valid for Home office or not. That is 7 year student + 2 Years PSW and last 1 year will be either as Tier 1 General or Student.

Can any one tell me if I am following the right track to ILR.

With Regards
Vamiq

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: Journey To Indefinite Leave To Remain in UK :

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Vamiq.khan wrote:Dear All,

I am living in Uk Since Jan 2003. Right after 7 years of stay as a student. I achieved another 2 years of stay on PSW visa scheme. My total stay is making up a total stay of 9 years till Jan 2012. I need another 1 year to make 10 years which is a requirement for filing ILR. My worries is linked with the way I made 10 years is valid for Home office or not. That is 7 year student + 2 Years PSW and last 1 year will be either as Tier 1 General or Student.

With Regards
Vamiq
Yes, you are on right track, almost all the visa categories count towards long residence by fulfilling the other requirements.
N/A

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:27 pm

With Regards
Vamiq
Yes you are on right track PROVIDED 10 yrs ILR rule is still valid in Jan 2013.

Cheers!
Kash

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:34 pm

tall_funky wrote:

With Regards
Vamiq

Cheers!
Kash
Which my sources say it won't be! Nor will the 14 year one.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:23 am

Wanderer wrote:
tall_funky wrote:

With Regards
Vamiq

Cheers!
Kash
Which my sources say it won't be! Nor will the 14 year one.
Mr. Wanderer,

Plz enlighten us with your sources and help us find THE NIRVANA before UKBA does?

Cheers!
Kash

Vamiq.khan

Post by Vamiq.khan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:30 am

Wanderer kindly supply me any evidence which says that 10 year and 14 years rule will no more valid for ILR. Kindly do this before I waste my another 3 years of life for achieveing what which is no more valid and exist.

Thnx
Vamiq

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:30 am

Vamiq.khan wrote:Wanderer kindly supply me any evidence which says that 10 year and 14 years rule will no more valid for ILR. Kindly do this before I waste my another 3 years of life for achieveing what which is no more valid and exist.

Thnx
Vamiq
Details are here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter18/
and
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
N/A

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:23 am

Vamiq.khan wrote:Wanderer kindly supply me any evidence which says that 10 year and 14 years rule will no more valid for ILR. Kindly do this before I waste my another 3 years of life for achieveing what which is no more valid and exist.

Thnx
Vamiq
I cannot breach a trust, sorry.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:26 pm

LOLz :lol:

i saw this coming :D

wanderer why don't you trust yourself and get a life!

Cheers!
Kash

FLASHMAN

Post by FLASHMAN » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Which my sources say it won't be! Nor will the 14 year one.[/quote]

Wanderer, how i understood this forum is for immigration discussions but what's the hell person like you doing here and giving wrong information and negative comments go and get a life.

Vamiq.khan

Post by Vamiq.khan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:44 am

Flash man

if you left above comments about wanderer on face book. I would simply press Like It.

thnx

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Thnx
Vamiq
Haha Wanderer !
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€