ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa for my Wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nescafe_Kafka
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa for my Wife

Post by Nescafe_Kafka » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just registered at this forum and I urge you guys to help me out with whatever advice you can give me. I will be eternally grateful!

The ordeal that I'm facing is regarding settlement visa for my wife who is a bangladeshi. I am a british citizen and got married to her last summer. My biggest mistake was not thinking about immigration matters before/while getting married. Anyone of you can call me an idiot for that. I deserve it fully. Okay, so I also got married as a student. I am scheduled to graduate this July and get a job. But I can't wait that long to get my wife here. I have already waited 7 months and it's frustrating to know that I may have all the things I need for the application but no one can help me out with the correct info. Everyone seems to have different info at different times. Anyway I'll supply all the facts in this thread regarding what I have. I would appreciate if you guys please advice me if it's enough for me and wife to make a settlement application?

I mentioned that I am a student but I have savings upto £25000 which is more than enough for me and my wife until I get a job after my graduation. Otherwise I have a place where me, my brother and my parents reside. On the other side, i.e. my wife also has a large quantity of savings. She doesn't work in Bangladesh but she wishes to work part-time while she studies her Masters when she gets here.

My current confusion lies in the matter of my profession. By that I mean I am a student but I have a total of £25000 in my accounts. So is that ok? can I apply with that in mind? or do I have to have a job right now?

This is my current situation. Like I said, I would be eternally grateful if you guys can tell me if I'm ready to make a settlement application. I've tried making appointments with immigration advisers but the waiting period is too long! I thank all of you in advance for taking the time to read/help me in the matter.

Thanks

Z. Enayet

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:46 pm

First question.

You say you are a student, how old are both of you?

Nescafe_Kafka
Newly Registered

Post by Nescafe_Kafka » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:49 pm

We are both 22 years old. I'm about to turn 23 soon. She is no longer a student but I am, until July.

Thanks!

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:52 pm

How long have you known your wife?

Nescafe_Kafka
Newly Registered

Post by Nescafe_Kafka » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:53 pm

nearly 6 years now.

Nescafe_Kafka
Newly Registered

Post by Nescafe_Kafka » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:18 am

Anyone?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:25 am

your savings are more than enough to satisfy the financial requirement. You also mention that you have suitable accommodation. It should have one room for your and your wife's sole use. If it does then I would say you have very good chances of your applications approval.

By the way, you also need some proof of contact between you both.

If you have all of those, I would say you're solid.

Good luck.
I tell it like it is.

Nescafe_Kafka
Newly Registered

Post by Nescafe_Kafka » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:39 am

Thank you so much! We're going to go ahead with the settlement application now. Thank you! Thank you!