ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR DOCUMENTS NEEDED

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

angel_voice1978
Newly Registered

ILR DOCUMENTS NEEDED

Post by angel_voice1978 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:39 pm

I am going to apply for ILR SET M on April 8 but i am still confused with that 6 documents needed wherein our addresses are there. When I applied for a spouse visa, the aldy who attended to my application said, we should collect 5 documents each, per year in 2 years wherein our address is in there. So in total, 20 documents, proof of address. Then I read the guidelines to present 6 proof of address. Is that 6 each per year or 6 in total in 2 years? Please help

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:16 pm

The rules changed in the last 2 years - it was previously 20 documents - it's now 6 over the course of the time.

It's 6 in total, over 2 years, from 3 different sources.

But - if you are going to apply in person - then take everything you've got and let them choose - well - that's my plan anyway! I've separated out 6 documents I think are appropriate and at appropriate time periods (e.g. about 4 months apart in each case), but I'm going to take all the official documents we have (separated by month, by year) with us in case something is amiss or not good enough.

M.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:32 pm

MPH80 has given you good advice. The PEO checking officers like to select the documents they need...so the more the better.