ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for mortgage while visa being renewed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Roudoudette
Newly Registered

Applying for mortgage while visa being renewed

Post by Roudoudette » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:20 pm

Hello,

I would highly appreciate any help I can get.

I got married to my husband last year. He is Albanian, I am French and we both live in London.
He got a 1-yr visa as a EU family member. His visa expired at the end of January and his application is being handled by the Home Office as we speak.

We have been thinking of buying a house, and started looking around. Guess what, we found the house of our dreams: huge, very cheap and all we would be wishing to get in a house. We are in a race, as another couple placed an offer, and the vendors will just sell it to whoever gets the money first.
We started the mortgage application, and although we passed the credit scoring, they want to have a copy of my husband's visa... which we do not have for now!

I totally understand that they cannot land any money to someone they can't ensure will be eligible to stay in the country.

Is there any way to have a document from the Home Office, or anything at all that the building society would accept until he gets his visa?
Obviously, my husband will get his visa but it can take some weeks before the Home Office send it back to us. And the only thing we do not have is time!

Thanks for any idea or option you may think about.

Cheers
M

John

Post by John » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:27 pm

Is there any way to have a document from the Home Office, or anything at all that the building society would accept until he gets his visa?
Unfortunately, I don't think so ... until for actually gets his new residence permit in his passport.

Or put it another way, if they knew for certain that the residence permit would be issued, well they would issue it! With a lot of justification you might say .... well it won't get refused, will it! I agree, but nevertheless think the only thing you can do is phone IND to see if they can speed matters along.

EEA applications like this are taking about 2 to 3 months to process. I don't think there is any way to beat this problem, so you might indeed lose that particular house.
John