ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4: Registration Certificate is granted but never received

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

laika
Newly Registered

EEA4: Registration Certificate is granted but never received

Post by laika » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi,
Advice needed from people who knows what they are whriting about.

My husband EU citizen entered UK: march 2005;
Started working: march 2005;
Registered under WRS: november 2005;
Got married: december 2006;
I (non-EU) have entered UK: february 2007;
My husband applied for Registration Certificate: april 2007;
I have applied for Residence card: may 2007;
I received Residence card: september 2007;

When my documents arrived I could not understand where my husband's Residence Certificate. It should have been received by then. So i rang HO. They told me that his application was suxessful and sent back to us in MAY!!!! We never found his passport, WRS card, WRS certificate, 12months paysleeps, Registration Certificate, etc.

Obviously, post office lost them. And it was impossible to do anything as it was Semptember by then.

In order to replace Registration Certificate for my husband we have to apply again. I have sent about 20 e-mails to different HO Enquiry services in order to find out do we need a new set of 12months payslips and WRS card.

Two opposite answers I received: Apply for WRS card again :evil: !!!!
other answer: don not need to apply as already have been registered under WRS for a year.

Very frustrated! I don't want to send new EEA1 without proper covering letter. And cannot wait for another year to collect 12months payslips.

Please, your thoughts...

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:53 pm

You best chance is to make a complaint.

If they lost it , then the responsibility is on them to ensure your husband is issued a Registration Certificate with little hinderance. They could provide a Recorded delivery reference , which you can use to contact the post office.

Also you could seek compensation for the possible cost that would be incurred inorder for him to get his travel documents again.

I wish you the best.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

laika
Newly Registered

Post by laika » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:06 pm

Obie wrote:You best chance is to make a complaint.

They could provide a Recorded delivery reference , which you can use to contact the post office.
I wish you the best.
Thank you. They did provided me with delivery reference. To my shame, it was not Recorded (will never do this mistake again). I sent complain to Post Office Services. On the phone I was told that they do not deal with the post problems which occurred 3 months ago (it was 4 by that time). :(

I wonder what is the best way to find out if my husband really needs new WRS card after being in UK nearly 5 years legally??? He already held one for 12 months.

datuchi
BANNED

Post by datuchi » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:08 am

It's an administrative issue. If ur husband really has gone through the correct procedure with WRS, he should be on the system. What have they told u about replacing the docs? Giving u another WRS Cert? Can u ask them for ur husband's WRS reference number or anyth with which he is identified on the system. It simply cannot be that if someth goes wrong there is no sensible way out.

laika wrote:
Obie wrote:You best chance is to make a complaint.

They could provide a Recorded delivery reference , which you can use to contact the post office.
I wish you the best.
Thank you. They did provided me with delivery reference. To my shame, it was not Recorded (will never do this mistake again). I sent complain to Post Office Services. On the phone I was told that they do not deal with the post problems which occurred 3 months ago (it was 4 by that time). :(

I wonder what is the best way to find out if my husband really needs new WRS card after being in UK nearly 5 years legally??? He already held one for 12 months.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:37 am

Your best option is asking your husband's employers for whom the WRC was issued to provide him with a copy, which the HO usually send to them, this could be held as evidence he is a holder of a WRC.

Unfortulately WRC cannot be replaced.
[b]Guidance on WRS Application[/b] wrote: Please keep your registration card and certificates safe and do not lose them as replacements may not be issued.
Your registration card and certificate will be returned separately to your passport or National Identity card, which will be posted to you by Recorded Delivery to your home address or correspondence address. If you would like your documents returned by Special Delivery, you must enclose the appropriate pre-paid envelope.

If he gets a copy of that from the employer, he can then apply for a new registration certificate, which will make his residence lawful.

He only needs evidence from his employer that he applied for WRC and the copy of the WRC that was sent to the employer. He would also need a letter from the employer that over that period of 12 months, he held continuous employment with them.

Once that is sorted, his whole residence will be counted.

I wish you all the best.

It is a legal obligation for Employer to keep a copy of their application and a copy of the WRC that the HO sends them on the A8 nationals file.

Therfore i am confident they will have a ciopy.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

laika
Newly Registered

Post by laika » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Obie wrote:Your best option is asking your husband's employers for whom the WRC was issued to provide him with a copy, which the HO usually send to them, this could be held as evidence he is a holder of a WRC.
[/quote]

Thank you, I never thought about contacting his employer about this. I hope he still have a copy.
I really hope.

Do you think if we get this copy HO will issiu my husband with new Registration Certificate for another 5 years???? And he will be able to apply for Permanent Residence this november ????

The reason for my persistance is that our baby is due soon and i want UK passport for her.

laika
Newly Registered

Post by laika » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Update.

I got copies of WRS card and Certificate from the previous employer. My husband is going to apply for Registration Certificate once again.

I really hope HO will be satisfied with them copies and explanation letter.

laika
Newly Registered

Post by laika » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:00 am

Update.

Today received Registration Certificate replacement plus documents.

So-o-o-o-o happy!!!!!