ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gordon Brown on Yahoo

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Richard66

Gordon Brown on Yahoo

Post by Richard66 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:00 pm

I took the chance Yahoo will be cross examining Gordon Brown I took a chance to place a question asking him when the government will scrap the need for EEA FPs for family member who are already in possession of a residence card issued in the EEA.

Maybe someone else might like to take a go at him:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 346AAHND8r

This is what I wrote:
I would like to know what steps you will take so that the The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 are brought into line with Article 5 of Directive 2004/38/EC. The issue is, Community law states that non-European Union family members of EU citizens are not required to apply for an entry visa into the UK if they hold a residence card issued by any EU State (article 10 of Directive 2004/38/EC). The UK flouts Community law by requiring this family member to apply for entry clearance in the form of an European Economic Area Family Permit. I have made a complaint to the European Commission and presented a Petition to the European Parliament and both agree that the UK is in the wrong, not that this seems to make any difference.
Last edited by Richard66 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aiming at travelling to the UK with my wife and not with an EEA FP!

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:41 pm

so did he give u any twisted response ?

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:59 am

There are still 26 days to ask questions before they submit a selection to him.
Aiming at travelling to the UK with my wife and not with an EEA FP!