ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What rules would apply for me?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hunpak
Member of Standing

What rules would apply for me?

Post by hunpak » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi friends

my EEA2 application is under process (its bin nearly 4 months) my wife's 5 years in uk will be in july 2010 ..if i luckily get my RC as my wife would be applying for a PR would asap. would i be able to send my application with her too or i have to wait till she gets British nationality?

Can u please kindly tell me how long it will take me to get an ILR ?

I appreciate your response

Regards

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:43 pm

bump :(

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:50 pm

You question doesn't make much sense. What application would you want to send with your wife's EEA3? Since you are obvioulsy on the EEA route you won't get ILR. Are you asking whether you can send both EEA3 and EEA4 together? The answer to that is yes if you are both eligible for PR. It's unclear to me, however, why you bothered applying for the RC in the first place.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:55 pm

86ti wrote:You question doesn't make much sense. What application would you want to send with your wife's EEA3? Since you are obvioulsy on the EEA route you won't get ILR. Are you asking whether you can send both EEA3 and EEA4 together? The answer to that is yes if you are both eligible for PR. It's unclear to me, however, why you bothered applying for the RC in the first place.
Sorry for making it confusing..

Actually i was on a student visa before i married her in Nov 09 and i applied for EEA2 in December (Hopefully i will get my RC soon) and as my wife is here for 5 years in Britain. if she gets EEA3 will it benefit me as she will be applying for neutralization as son as she will be eligible.

or i have to wait for 5 years and than apply for EEA4?

So my question is to get a permanent status like ILR or PR how long do i need to wait in my current situation?

Tnx :)

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:10 pm

The residence requirement for PR is 5 years under EEA regulations. As soon as your wife obtains PR she can make use of UK Immigration Regulations but as far as I know that would mean you having to leave the country and applying for a spouse visa from abroad.

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi
Your 5 year period starts from date of your marriage (November 2009) under EEA rule to be eligible for permanent residence. If during this period your wife naturalised as british citizen then you can apply for citizenship after 5 years (with the condition that you remain husband and wife) otherwise u have to wait one more year as permanent resident for naturalisation.

There is no shortcut
Last edited by kashyme on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:17 pm

86ti wrote:The residence requirement for PR is 5 years under EEA regulations. As soon as your wife obtains PR she can make use of UK Immigration Regulations but as far as I know that would mean you having to leave the country and applying for a spouse visa from abroad.
So if i have a Resident Card and my wife applies for PR than my RC will be invalid?

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:21 pm

kashyme wrote:Hi
Your 5 year period starts from date of your marriage (November 2009) under EEA rule to be eligible for permanent residence. If during this period your wife naturalised as british citizen then you can apply for citizenship after 5 years (with the condition that you remain husband and wife) otherwise u have to wait one more year as permanent resident for naturalisation.

There is no shortcut
Oh tnx that makes things quite clear..
and when would i be able to get PR if my wife gets citizenship?
as if one is married to a brit national he can get ILR in 2/3 years (Correct me if im wrong)

(sorry for being thick)

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:22 pm

hunpak wrote:
86ti wrote:The residence requirement for PR is 5 years under EEA regulations. As soon as your wife obtains PR she can make use of UK Immigration Regulations but as far as I know that would mean you having to leave the country and applying for a spouse visa from abroad.
So if i have a Resident Card and my wife applies for PR than my RC will be invalid?
U will still be a family member of an EEA National , u will not be affected by her acquiring PR

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:24 pm

hunpak wrote:
kashyme wrote:Hi

There is no shortcut
Oh tnx that makes things quite clear..
and when would i be able to get PR if my wife gets citizenship?
as if one is married to a brit national he can get ILR in 2/3 years (Correct me if im wrong)

(sorry for being thick)
PR will be acquired after 5 years:
yes but ILR is acquired through different law , that doesnt apply to you now.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:25 pm

kashyme wrote:
hunpak wrote:
U will still be a family member of an EEA National , u will not be affected by her acquiring PR
Thanks Kashyme you are a star..