ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just found out hubby will be illegal after 14nov,what to do?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anny83
Newly Registered

Just found out hubby will be illegal after 14nov,what to do?

Post by anny83 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:35 am

we want to apply for citizenship under EEa route after living here 5+1 year to qualify for it. We entered Uk 27 Nov 2004. My husband residence permit will expire 14th Nov 2010. 13 days before we qualify, what shall we do??? can we still apply, by th time they check application it might be after 27nov 2010. How long before your visa expires can you?do u have to apply for new one???

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:12 am

No, he won't be illegal. In fact, he should be a permanent resident by now provided that both of you have continuosly resided in the UK for 5 years and the EEA national has exercised his/her treaty rights in this period. You really need to read up here in the forum. Also look into the EEA regulations. Apply for PR now if you want and apply for citizenship later this year.

anny83
Newly Registered

Post by anny83 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:10 am

thanks for your answer.

you dont need to be harsh i am reading arround, i just didnt find anything answering this question for me yet. I am sorry if it has been mentioned before. And about your other comment I am not trying to hijeck other ppls threads i thought you r allowed to leave your own comments start a discussion in someone elses thread regarding the same topic and ask for someones opinion on the same. i dont understand what your problem with this is. Anyways thanks for your reply still.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:20 am

The problem is that you spread information of your case over several threads. You not only commented in other threads but also added questions of your own (=hijacking). It is expected courtesy here to open a thread of your own with all necessary details. You can't possibly expect others to look in all your comments to collect this information. It should also not be too much to ask to have a look into previous discussions.

anny83
Newly Registered

Post by anny83 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:22 am

okay