ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAmily Permit & EEA national leaving UK for 3 months

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LaughingLady
Newly Registered

EEA FAmily Permit & EEA national leaving UK for 3 months

Post by LaughingLady » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:53 pm

If within the 6 month EEA Family Permit period, both the non-eea national and eea national are offered jobs in the UK, would the following scenario be legal:

- the non-eea national's job starts 4 months before the eea national's job in the UK, and 3 months before the eea national's job finishes in home country

-so, the couple travels to the UK together so that the non-eea national may begin their job

-THEN, the eea national returns to their home country for 3 months to complete their job contract, while leaving the non-eea national to stay in the UK working(while staying with friends) and searching for a flat

-after eea national completes contract in home country, non-eea national travels there to assist in final packing and shipping of belongings and then the couple finally return to the UK together, a month before eea national begins their job

This would all be happening with the first 4-5 months of EEA Family Permit.

Does the EEA National need to be in the UK for the entire time the non-EEA national is there or is it possible for the EEA national to go back and forth from home country during that initial 6 month EEA Family permit time?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:24 am

Should be possible as absences of up to six months (normally) do not break residency.

LaughingLady
Newly Registered

Post by LaughingLady » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:28 am

Thank you for you're reply. I'm just wondering if anyone knows any official word on the matter or know where I can call/email to ask. My husband and I don't want to do anything that could cause a rejection of a resident card.

Thanks again.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:00 am