ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when the 5 Years Start?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashrafman

when the 5 Years Start?

Post by ashrafman » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:57 pm

Dear Sir Madam

thank you for your useful forum.

I have some questions and please I need Help:

I am a non EEA and My wife is EEA
will the 5 years resident start from the marriage date or the Resident visa date? because the visa date started 9 Months after the Marriage Date.

second question is:

if my Wife get the Permanent resident before me will the home office switch me to the British Law automatic or I have the Choice to remain in the EEA Law and which better for Me?

third question is:
my right to apply for a Permanent Resident will be in March 2012,
will the new earning Point System effect me if I work, pay Tax,Passed English Test , pass English History Exam? is there any thing do I need.

thanks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: when the 5 Years Start?

Post by Rozen » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:35 pm

ashrafman wrote:Dear Sir Madam

thank you for your useful forum.

I have some questions and please I need Help:

I am a non EEA and My wife is EEA
will the 5 years resident start from the marriage date or the Resident visa date? because the visa date started 9 Months after the Marriage Date.

second question is:

if my Wife get the Permanent resident before me will the home office switch me to the British Law automatic or I have the Choice to remain in the EEA Law and which better for Me?

third question is:
my right to apply for a Permanent Resident will be in March 2012,
will the new earning Point System effect me if I work, pay Tax,Passed English Test , pass English History Exam? is there any thing do I need.

thanks
1. 5 years will start from marriage date, regardless of when RC is issued.

2. You cannot interchange between EU and UK rules. It's one or the other!

3. PR is automatic after 5 years!