ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please review: Cover letter for Tier-1 (General) Dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sppc42
Newly Registered

Please review: Cover letter for Tier-1 (General) Dependent

Post by sppc42 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:07 am

Hi all,

I wish to apply for the Tier-1 Dependent visa for my wife and for that I've been taking inputs in the forum (much much thanks to everyone!). With all the info that I have gathered, I have been able to peice together the cover-letter below. Kindly review if it looks fine or some changes might be required/missing. Would really appreciate any inputs here:

---------------------------
Dated: XX April, 2010

Sub: Application for Tier 1 (General) - Dependent visa of my wife

To,
The Assessing Officer

RE: Tier 1 (General) – Dependent visa of my wife

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, XXXX, hold a valid Tier-1 (General) visa (issued date: XX November XXXX). I wish to apply for my wife, Mrs. YYYY, as a dependent.

I can assure that, I can bear all her expenses on my own, without seeking recourse to any public funds. I have sufficient funds for her expenses.

Following is the list of documents provided along with the application.

1. Proof of Relationship.

My wife was born on XX June, XXXX, and is XX years of age at the time of this application. We got married on XX December XXXX in XXXX, India. I am already holding a valid Tier-1 (General) visa (issued date: XX November XXXX, passport number XXXXXXX).

Documents provided:
• Original Marriage Certificate citing our date and place of marriage
• Original Passport of my wife (number: XXXX) stating her date of birth and changed name after marriage to YYYY XXXX
• Wedding invitation card of our marriage
• Some photographs of our wedding ceremony
• Photocopy of my passport number XXXX and my UK Tier-1 (General) visa number XXXX, issued date: XX November XXXX).

2. Maintenance Funds

I am providing her maintenance funds, the minimum required £1,600, which I have maintained in a Fixed-Deposit (FD) account (number XXXX) in the ICICI bank. I can withdraw the funds from this account anytime as the funds available in this account can be liquidated as and when required. This minimum account has been maintained for the last three months from XX January XXXX to XX April XXXX (3 months).

The above ensures that I will be able to sustain my wife in UK without recourse to any public funds.

Documents provided:
• Official bank statement of my Fixed Deposit account XXXX with ICICI Bank, India covering period of 6 months from XX September XXXX, to XX April XXXX.
• Letter from ICICI Bank confirming funds available in Indian Rupees and that they have been in my bank account for at least 3 months. The letter also confirms that the money can be liquidated as and when required.
• www.oanada.com conversion page printout.
• Income Tax (IT) return statements for the last three years.
• Last 6 months salary slips while working at XXXX Pvt. Ltd.
• My current letter of employment at XXXX Pvt. Ltd.

I performed the conversion from the website: www.oanda.com on XX April XXXX, and the conversion valuations are 1 INR = 0.01466 GBP

Balance available in above bank account: INR XXXX
Conversion rate: 1 INR = 0.01466 GBP
Gross salary in GBP: XXXX * 0.01466 = GBP YYYY

3. Accommodation:
I have booked a hotel room at XXXX, London, United Kingdom for a period of 10 days starting XX May XXXX.

Documents provided:
• Booking confirmation printout of the Hotel.

4. Contract of Employment in UK:
I have recently got an employment offer from XXXX in London and wish to join them permanently starting from XX May XXXX.

Documents provided:
• Initial offer letter citing employment contract from XXXX.
• Printout of the email confirmation of my employment with XXXX, citing my joining date of XX May XXXX

Enclosures:
1. VAF 10 Application Form
2. My wife’s Original Passport
3. My 6 months pay slips from XXXX Pvt. Ltd. with signature and stamp from employer.
4. Original Form – 16 given by the current employer, XXXX Pvt. Ltd. For last 3 years.
5. 6 months bank statements from ICICI Bank Limited where my salary is credited for the claim period
6. Printout of the Oanda.com conversion page
7. Contract of Employment Letter from employer YYYY in U.K.
8. Letter from the bank that required maintenance funds have been maintained for the last 3 months.
9. Hotel booking confirmation page printout

I sincerely request you to consider her visa application.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Thanking you.

Yours faithfully,

XXXX
Place: XXXXXX
Date: XX-XX-XX
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks