ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:10 pm

navalaviator wrote:
I'm going to be paperclipping everything anyway just in case. I'd have thought an index would be great. I'm thinking of submitting an overall contents page, an itemised page for each section and then a covering page for each document. I may do without the covering page for each document and just number each bit on the itemised section page and make sure I number the documents too. But I'll probably do a covering page for each thing
splendid!!just the way i suggested on the last page of the current thread keep it up mate :wink:
Lol :lol: I must have missed that, brain is fried what with work and then stressing about getting my papers sorted :?

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:12 pm

navalaviator wrote:I would recommend reading the previous posts of this forum specially the spouse visa pakistan thread to all of those people who are in the process of making new applications or who are going to apply in the near future. :wink:

Batley khan is a LEGEND and a dedicated professional 8) here on this thread so always seek his kind and authentic advice so its another recommendation :D

All of those people weather sposors or applicants MUST read Batley Khan's Notorious guide about the spouse visa applications submitted in pak on page number 217 of this thread :P
I'm just sticking to that page! A link for convenience http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:15 pm

I'm going to scan the original photos that I am submitting and then print them off, that should be enough for the copies they require I hope. I will also photocopy 1 sheet just to see what it looks like. In fact, I may actually scan my whole submission and save it that way.
A very good idea indeed mate and doing scans of photographs at your home and then printing them off keeps your privacy as well.Normally applicants have to photocopy their wedding photos at different computer shops and as no one would want that any one peering or staring at one's personal wedding photos :roll:
If successful then I can sell it as a template
Well not too happy with the idea of putting a price tag :( :cry: mate well its all up to you after all its your very personal decision :lol:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:29 pm

hi there,

My wife's has a thumb print on her NIC card and Passport, So if she signs the application form will that be a problem.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:35 pm

one of my favourites a must watch Von Ryan's Express(Frank sinatra and trevor howard in this adrenaline rush cat rat game) and make sure any one should watch it once they have submitted their application and would definelty ease the waiting times (though certainly you just cant take your mind off but still....) or otherwise the above flick could just keep you thinking about the panaromic scenery of Italy 8) 8) 8)
Would certainly recommend more favourites in the upcoming posts.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:41 pm

zmk2 wrote:hi there,

My wife's has a thumb print on her NIC card and Passport, So if she signs the application form will that be a problem.
well mate it could be an issue but still am not sure as Batley khan would definitely post a solution 8)

I think Batley khan has explained in one of the previous pages that application forms must be signed and you just cant put the thumb impression on the form as it is likely to invalidate the application so obviously the applicant must sign it.

So still not sure about your query sorry mate.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:51 pm

I'm just sticking to that page! A link for convenience http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320
Thanks for posting the link mate i just could'nt go that far back to the page 217 to post the link.(some times i do become a lazy bone lolzzz :lol: :twisted: )

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:22 pm

zeddy zed wrote:hello people, i have looked through the forum but i cant actually find an answer to me question. The thing is my wife's signature on the naka nama and id card are different. Well her signature is basically writing her full name, the difference is that on the naka nama its in joined up writing while on the id card its not. Does this make a difference or shall i get the id made again?

Also i have not made her passport as i will apply in august so will make it in may, so on the passport is it better to have the signature same as the naka nama or the id card?

Any advice will be helpful. Bately khan i see that you know your stuff so wot wud u suggest.
The thing is my wife's signature on the naka nama and id card are different. Well her signature is basically writing her full name, the difference is that on the naka nama its in joined up writing while on the id card its not. Does this make a difference or shall i get the id made again?
Well as far as i assume that it should not make a difference whether the name has been written in joined hand writing on Nikkah nama or just simply written with all alphabets clearly and separately well at the end both of them are the same thing.
Make sure that you and your wife signed with the same pen and both signatures are in one same ink as it would ease the ECO'S mind that both the sponsor and the applicant were present at the time of Nikkah ceremony,as some one posted on the previous page that the visa was turned down coz the signatures of spouses on nikkah nama were in different ink which made the ECO suspicious that it could be a polygmous marriage(It was,nt actually) and spouses were not present at the time of nikkah.(they were present in actual according to the poster on the previous page)
These are the small bits which we should keep in mind and learn from others experiences and try to avoid such things which could possibly lead to unwanted and unprecedented troubles.
Does this make a difference or shall i get the id made again?
I think you should NOT well i assume so but as you had orginally asked this question to uncle BatleyKhan so he would probably explain your query in more depth and with a professional finishing touch 8)

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:00 am

navalaviator wrote:
Well not too happy with the idea of putting a price tag :( :cry: mate well its all up to you after all its your very personal decision :lol:
:lol: It was truly tongue in cheek :P in shaa Allah if successful I will share the templates/documents (whilst removing all personal references haha) and people can tailor to their needs as appropriate.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:52 am

kaidee wrote:
navalaviator wrote:
:lol: It was truly tongue in cheek :P in shaa Allah if successful I will share the templates/documents (whilst removing all personal references haha) and people can tailor to their needs as appropriate.
Good luck with your application mate :D

By the way which VAC you would be applying :roll:

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:36 pm

To all those enquiring about the contents and prsentation of the application, I suggest you put the sheet " list of attached documents"at the top, followed by teh application form, followed by teh applicants documents and then put the sponsors docuermnt at the bottom.

Punch one hole in the top left hand corner of all the document ( except passport and NIC card) and then use a short tag to hold all the documents together.

This would enable the ECO to look through easily and without having to seperate the documents.

On the list of attache documents, each document should be numbered like AK1 (initials of applicant followed by number).This number then should be written on those small coloured stickers which you should then put on the bottom right hand corner.Both should correspond with each other.

This will make it easier for teh ECO to look through and by looking at the list at the top, he will know where the relevant doc is in teh pack.

A well prsented application form with teh correct and proper documents usually ends in a succesful outcome.

I would strongly advise the sponsor and applicant does this and please please please dont use those agents in Pakisatn or let them look through your documents, as its almost certainly will result in recieving incorrect advise or documents goes missing.

Hopefully in the future I am going to put all the documents. samples and templates of all the documents together inan a guidance note and file, which will help put the files together themselves without the need to pay unscrupolous agents or somesolicitors here in Uk who charge upto £200 to do something you can do yiourself.

Hope this helps.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:15 pm

batleykhan wrote:To all those enquiring about the contents and prsentation of the application, I suggest you put the sheet " list of attached documents"at the top, followed by teh application form, followed by teh applicants documents and then put the sponsors docuermnt at the bottom.

Punch one hole in the top left hand corner of all the document ( except passport and NIC card) and then use a short tag to hold all the documents together.

This would enable the ECO to look through easily and without having to seperate the documents.

On the list of attache documents, each document should be numbered like AK1 (initials of applicant followed by number).This number then should be written on those small coloured stickers which you should then put on the bottom right hand corner.Both should correspond with each other.

This will make it easier for teh ECO to look through and by looking at the list at the top, he will know where the relevant doc is in teh pack.

A well prsented application form with teh correct and proper documents usually ends in a succesful outcome.

I would strongly advise the sponsor and applicant does this and please please please dont use those agents in Pakisatn or let them look through your documents, as its almost certainly will result in recieving incorrect advise or documents goes missing.

Hopefully in the future I am going to put all the documents. samples and templates of all the documents together inan a guidance note and file, which will help put the files together themselves without the need to pay unscrupolous agents or somesolicitors here in Uk who charge upto £200 to do something you can do yiourself.

Hope this helps.
Nice one mate, I'm sure it will help quite a few folks. I've posted a contents of my file have a look through it and let me know if you need anything to add to the sample and templates that you're looking to put together.

Zak.[/i]

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:10 pm

.[/quote]

Nice one mate, I'm sure it will help quite a few folks. I've posted a contents of my file have a look through it and let me know if you need anything to add to the sample and templates that you're looking to put together.

Zak.[/i][/quote]

Can you post the contents again, or send a link

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:19 pm

zmk2 wrote
Zak.

Can you post the contents again, or send a link
I assume that ZAK has sent his contents to Batleykhan as a personal message to him as uncle batley khan is compiling a very comprehensive settlement visa guide so just to help him out zak has posted him samples of his own visa application.so Zak did not post anything on the forum so there is no link for it mate :wink:

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:29 pm

navalaviator wrote:
kaidee wrote:
navalaviator wrote:
Good luck with your application mate :D

By the way which VAC you would be applying :roll:
Thanks, you too! Mirpur is my poison of choice...

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:51 pm

Just noticed something, I stayed in Pakistan for quite a few months, much longer than my visa allowed for. Whilst out there I got a NADRA card made so my stay was legal. Should I submit a copy of my NADRA card so that the ECO won't be thinking I stayed in Pakistan past the term my visa allowed for? Also would submitting this have any bearing on me holding another nationality or something?

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:45 am

After muchos headache over the last few days, I've finished my application (except for a few touches on the covering letters), thinking of submitting in the following manner:

The Applicant
Consisting of:
1) Completed VAF4A application form
2) Applicant's passport - better to leave this off the contents What about NIC card/copy and photo?
3) Applicant's original birth certificate
4) Applicant’s TB certificate

The Sponsor
Consisting of:
1) Sponsorship declaration
2) Sponsor’s covering letter
3) Attested copy of sponsor’s British passport

Sponsor’s UK accommodation arrangements
Consisting of:
1) Letter from Sponsor’s parent (homeowner)
2) Homeowner’s 2010 mortgage statement
3) Homeowner’s title deed
4) Accommodation report
5) Details of case regarding third party accommodation

Sponsor’s employment and finances
Consisting of:
1) Sponsor’s covering letter
2) Accountant’s covering letter
3) Financial statements 01/12/09 to 05/04/10
4) Tax Return 2010, 06/04/09 to 05/04/10
5) Original bank statements 15/12/09 to 07/04/10
6) Business invoices Dec 09 to March 10
7) Employer Covering letter

Evidence of marriage and contact between sponsor and applicant
Consisting of:
1) Sponsor’s covering letter
2) Original marriage certificate in Urdu
3) Attested English translation of marriage certificate
4) Wedding photos from the first day 20/12/09
5) Wedding photos from the second day 21/12/09
6) Honeymoon photos 25/12/09
7) Evidence of continuing contact between sponsor and applicant in the form of itemised bills from various telecommunication companies:
7.1) Sponsor’s Vectone account information and itemised log 22/01/10 to 30/01/10
7.2) Sponsor’s T-mobile bills and itemised logs 03/02/10 to 04/03/10, 04/03/10 to 04/04/10, 05/04/10 to 25/04/10.
7.3) Sponsor’s Orange bills and itemised logs 24/01/10 to 23/02/10, 24/02/10 to 23/03/10, 25/03/10 to 23/04/10.
7.3) Sponsor’s Simple Call account information, top ups record, access numbers list and itemised logs 27/01/10 to 19/03/10
7.5) Sponsor’s My Call account information, top ups record and itemised logs 25/01/10 to 31/01/10, 01/02/10 to 28/02/10, 01/03/10 to 31/03/10, 01/04/10 to 26/04/10.
7.6) Details of sponsor’s usage of international text messaging service, including email regarding itemised statement.
8.) Evidence of sponsor’s financial support of applicant – 4 transfer receipts

I've put a covering letter at the beginning of any section which I thought could do with clarity in a certain aspect or simply in the manner in which I have presented the information (e.g. the lengthy and numerous itemised bills)

Soooo the above would be my contents page.

Then a page at the beginning of each section detailing everything in that section (written exactly the same as on the contents page) with the addition of 'sponsor:**** applicant:****
e.g.

The Sponsor

Sponsor: Fred
Applicant: Jane
April 2010

Consisting of:
Sponsorship declaration
Sponsor’s covering letter
Attested copy of sponsor’s British passport

Then a covering page for each item with the same title as on the contents page and section cover page with 'sponsor:**** applicant:**** written on it.

Since there are 5 sections and I have got a pack of 5 sticky index markers, I'll colour code everything and write a number on it just like batleykhan suggested :)

I’m also going to stick in a bunch of receipts and invoices for pregnancy books and baby stuff that I’ve bought recently with a covering letter, although not sure where, maybe in the sponsor section – can’t hurt. We are dealing with humans at the end of the day, maybe I'll get an emotional gesture of goodwill :lol:

I'm most likely going to leave out my wife's itemised phone bill as it isn't in her name and I don't think its' absence has the same potential for a negative effect as does its' inclusion :?

Thoughts? Yay? Nay? Anything I've missed? (I've definitely got everything as far as I have researched, just it's really late and I've had a very long day)

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:27 am

As requested, here is what my application consisted of:

Completed VAF4A form
SU07/01
Attested Declaration from myself
My Cover Letter
Photocopy of each page of my passport
Attested Birth Certificate
20 weeks payslips
Employers Letter
Holiday Authorisation Letter from Employer (when I went to lodge my application)
Bank statements dating back to when I first started employment (I highlighted all the deposits from my employer)
Letter regarding accomodation from parents
Photocopy of parents passports
Inspection Report from local council
Details of appeal case re: third party accomodation (Mr Q Chaudary vs Mr L Tarlow, highlighting points 13, 14, 15)

[/url]http://syedssolicitors.com/Documents/AB ... 18.pdf[url]

Greeting cards and letters sent back and forth from my spouse
Attested letter from Mufti regarding nikah
Letter stating that a union council stamp is not required (from the Cheif Officer of the Muncipal Comittee)
Original Nikah Nama
Translated Nikha Nama
Land registery documents
Proof of the money I sent to my wife
Certificated Copy of my Mrs Pakistani Nadra Card
Itemised billing from the UK
Printouts of calling cards purchased online
Proof of me topping up my wifes phone
Itemised billing from my Mrs

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:27 pm

navalaviator wrote:
zeddy zed wrote:hello people, i have looked through the forum but i cant actually find an answer to me question. The thing is my wife's signature on the naka nama and id card are different. Well her signature is basically writing her full name, the difference is that on the naka nama its in joined up writing while on the id card its not. Does this make a difference or shall i get the id made again?

Also i have not made her passport as i will apply in august so will make it in may, so on the passport is it better to have the signature same as the naka nama or the id card?

Any advice will be helpful. Bately khan i see that you know your stuff so wot wud u suggest.
The thing is my wife's signature on the naka nama and id card are different. Well her signature is basically writing her full name, the difference is that on the naka nama its in joined up writing while on the id card its not. Does this make a difference or shall i get the id made again?
Well as far as i assume that it should not make a difference whether the name has been written in joined hand writing on Nikkah nama or just simply written with all alphabets clearly and separately well at the end both of them are the same thing.
Make sure that you and your wife signed with the same pen and both signatures are in one same ink as it would ease the ECO'S mind that both the sponsor and the applicant were present at the time of Nikkah ceremony,as some one posted on the previous page that the visa was turned down coz the signatures of spouses on nikkah nama were in different ink which made the ECO suspicious that it could be a polygmous marriage(It was,nt actually) and spouses were not present at the time of nikkah.(they were present in actual according to the poster on the previous page)
These are the small bits which we should keep in mind and learn from others experiences and try to avoid such things which could possibly lead to unwanted and unprecedented troubles.
Does this make a difference or shall i get the id made again?
I think you should NOT well i assume so but as you had orginally asked this question to uncle BatleyKhan so he would probably explain your query in more depth and with a professional finishing touch 8)

THANKS navalavitar , to tell you the truth i havnt even looked at ma nika nama after i signed it , my mrs signed it later cuz we were in different room at nika time, u know how its like in pakistan in some places. so didnt know if she used the same pen. I just rang her now , thank god its in same colour.Thats one less thing to worry about.

Zak_k and kaidee that list is very helpful , thanks for postin it guys , i got a few months before i could apply but am just researchin and preparing in advance.

Suhaib 786

Post by Suhaib 786 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:53 pm

SALAAMZ PEPZ... just on my lunch break (i know late isn't it), i look on the ukvacpk traker & same PATRONISING comment 'Forwarded to Islamabad OC on'

I cheked about 10 minz ago... 'your application is ready for collection, please go to the VAC where your documents where submitted'

In Allah we trust & me personally i have left ALL my affairs to Almighty Allah * have concrete 100% yakeen he has paved my path now watever route it is.

Inshallah i want to be with wife as its been almost 8 weeks since submiting docz... make dua pepz... tomorow afternoon she will go and pik the result....

Watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Suhaib 786 wrote:SALAAMZ PEPZ... just on my lunch break (i know late isn't it), i look on the ukvacpk traker & same PATRONISING comment 'Forwarded to Islamabad OC on'

I cheked about 10 minz ago... 'your application is ready for collection, please go to the VAC where your documents where submitted'

In Allah we trust & me personally i have left ALL my affairs to Almighty Allah * have concrete 100% yakeen he has paved my path now watever route it is.

Inshallah i want to be with wife as its been almost 8 weeks since submiting docz... make dua pepz... tomorow afternoon she will go and pik the result....

Good luck suhaib u will get it inshallah :D

deemi

Post by deemi » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Suhaib inshallah u will have good news tomorrow. I do dua that all brothers and sisters that are waiting have good news soon.
Done waiting!!!!

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:28 pm

InshaAllah its gonna b good news
Just wanna know whn did u applied the visa , my missus applied on first week of March and still waiting. Dua for us also
thnks

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:43 pm

I'm most likely going to leave out my wife's itemised phone bill as it isn't in her name and I don't think its' absence has the same potential for a negative effect as does its' inclusion
I am in the same boat as my dad's name appear on some of our phone bills instead of mine(phone bills from my side) so i asked batleykhan about this and he had told me few days ago that the ECO will only match the numbers on phone bills from my wife and mine and to further clear the situation i have been advised to include a covering letter with the bills and explain that why the applicant's dad name appears on some of the bills so that the ECO would be aware of the circumstances.
I will include all the bills with explanatory covering letter stapled with the bills :lol:
well i think that you should include the bills with exlpanation as there is no harm in doing so as the ECO will only cross tally the numbers on all bills from both sides and it doesnt matter that whose name appers on the phone bills as far as the ECO is aware of the scenario :wink:

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:23 pm

navalaviator wrote:
Suhaib 786 wrote:SALAAMZ PEPZ... just on my lunch break (i know late isn't it), i look on the ukvacpk traker & same PATRONISING comment 'Forwarded to Islamabad OC on'

Good luck suhaib u will get it inshallah :D

Salam,
InshaAllah your wife will get the visa.........best of luck.

i just wanna ask you that in which category of visa you applied for your wife and when did you applied..........as i have also applied for my missus since first week of march ........