ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR outside immigration rule

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gizo77
Newly Registered

ILR outside immigration rule

Post by gizo77 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:25 pm

can somebody please tell me if this scenario is applicable?

I have lived in the UK for nearly 8yrs now. the first 3yrs on student visa and the last five yrs on student dependant visa. thus working full time just like any body on work permit therefore for paid full income tax on my earnings. I have invested in properties and own few of them. if i can proof that i have work for 5 yrs in this category would i have a ground to apply for ILR? thanks

Pierrot95

Re: ILR outside immigration rule

Post by Pierrot95 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:04 pm

gizo77 wrote:can somebody please tell me if this scenario is applicable?

I have lived in the UK for nearly 8yrs now. the first 3yrs on student visa and the last five yrs on student dependant visa. thus working full time just like any body on work permit therefore for paid full income tax on my earnings. I have invested in properties and own few of them. if i can proof that i have work for 5 yrs in this category would i have a ground to apply for ILR? thanks
I am not sure it is possible to get ILR outside immigration rules. I think you can get FLR outside the rules (on compassionate grounds, exceptional, discretionary or whatever it is called) for up to 5 years and then apply for ILR on that basis.
But I don't see anything to argue exceptional grounds in your case. Maybe others will correct me.

========

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:25 am

Being a student's dependant doesn't mean your visa is counted as a work permit although it allows you to work full time. It is never counted as if it was a 5 year workpermit even if you have paid full income tax.
I think you can apply under 10 yr lawful residency. So you have to wait for another 2 yrs.