ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Algeria2010
Newly Registered

urgent help

Post by Algeria2010 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:51 pm

Dear All,

I am going to apply for the PSW by the end of this month. I thought that everything is fine by having my MBA+College letter (for the Licence tier4)+ £800 for the three months.

However I noticed that my 3 months bank statement shows in 19/02 the funds went under £800 (£791.50) for only 1 day (the same day).

Do my application will be refused? Can I show them my Credit Card statement for the available £9 in this day?

Thanks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:42 pm

credit card balance does not count for these purposes.

if you try asking your bank for statement by post, then it is possible that this drop is not showed on your statement(as this happened on the same day) and that bank statement will show the amount at the end of each business day.(doesnt matter about fluctuation in the middle of any specified day)

OR....

try printing statements from the web in such a way that this drop is not shown on the paper. e.g. rather than print one lot of last 3 months, try 2 lots of statement covering 90 days, or something similar

someone a while back on this forum suggested something similar and it appears to work - although i must admit i dont know much about it as i havent tried it myself

regards

Algeria2010
Newly Registered

Post by Algeria2010 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:13 am

arsenal49 wrote:credit card balance does not count for these purposes.

if you try asking your bank for statement by post, then it is possible that this drop is not showed on your statement(as this happened on the same day) and that bank statement will show the amount at the end of each business day.(doesnt matter about fluctuation in the middle of any specified day)

OR....

try printing statements from the web in such a way that this drop is not shown on the paper. e.g. rather than print one lot of last 3 months, try 2 lots of statement covering 90 days, or something similar

someone a while back on this forum suggested something similar and it appears to work - although i must admit i dont know much about it as i havent tried it myself

regards
Thanks arsenal49 for the reply.
the drop off is cleary mentioned also on the original monthly bank statement. I have another account but was using the over draft but with enough money to cover the missing 9£. can I use this one.

thanks again

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:54 pm

i dont know about "overdraft" situation!

keep it simple... Show whatever amount you are showing in your main bank statement.

Show that you had "cash amount" available in your second account on the day it fell below the threshold.

It has to be cash funds and no credit balance or whatever because you effectively borrow the money when you use credit card and its not cash fund!

You should be awarded visa if you can show 10 pounds approx in your other account and mention in covering letter why your amount fell below the threshold in the first place.

regards