ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue May 11, 2010 4:00 am

zeddy zed wrote:salam ppl

just wanted to ask how recent the bank statement and wage slips need to be

for example if i am applying in august just say 8 august , do i have to have the bank statment for july and the pay slip for july or can they accept the june ones. It cuz i want to send my docs before end of july so they can get there in beging of august , but i will not have my pay slip for july or bank statment as i could only get it once the month as finished.

any advice
You are supposed to provide the bank statments and pay slips of the last 6 months so if you intend to apply in august then then bank statements and wage slips must cover the month of july. :wink:
The most recent statements just give an idea to the ECO that what is your current financial position.
So lets say if the statements provided were of june and the applicant applies in august so it would rise a doubt that the financial situation has been changed and it is not same as it was in june.
The last statement should not be more than 4-5 weeks old in order to avoid any risk of being refused on the bases of outdated statements as it has already happened to some people where ECO refused only coz the statements were not recent.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Suhaib 786

Re: lack of evidece

Post by Suhaib 786 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:42 am

sabeennaz wrote:i have major problem ive been married and stayed with my husband for 5 months and came bac to uk. i have been away from him since and its been 2 years.

he has been refused on lack of evidence of subsisting marriage for 2 years since my husband and i neither gave any text or contact evidence as we didnt know how to provide it and now we are waiting for date of appeal hearing.

my question is how do i show evidence for the 2 months if all i have been using is calling cards.

however, we did text and as i have pay as you go they only give outgoing text record of 1 year the most if i give £10.

my question is if i get the 1 year statement from vodafone of outgoing texts as its the only evidence of any contact, then is that sufficient to show subsisting marraige bearing in mind i have been away from him for 2 years. plz help guys would that do?
HHMMM- triky 1, my advise 2 any1 is use ur landline direct & when u get ur itemised bill just send that in -(i got BT landline & i subitted it all - i was getting charged 6.5p per minute but where i was spending close to £1000 [solisitor fees + application fees] i guess u can't realli put a price on being with ur loved 1 - make itas solid as possible - they can never dispute BT itemisd billz - u dnt have 2 do much - 3 times a week / 15minutes per call )

in ur situation -eco wants 2 see that uv hade a relationship since day of marriage- any love cardz/aniversary cards/valantines day cardz/ giftz watever just submit it.
regarding ur situation if the number ur texting is his number & ur guna put that on the VAF4a application form than yes - submit the vodafone textz-worth writing a covering letter outlining that iv requested itemised text transcript from vodafone but they onli hold recordz from previous 12 monthz!!

phone cardz- (generalli speaking ther weight in cases isn't much / no harm in submitting them /but eco know that u cud hav just got a load from any1 and just submit them - unless uv got an itemised bill that showz ur actualli calling out on those fone cardz)

regading u personalli -if u submit them eco dusnt know itz 2 monthz worth-so submit them / however if uv been apart for 2 years iv got question that eco wud probabli have- how did u keep in contact - like actualli calling over the 2 year period???

Zak_K

Re: lack of evidece

Post by Zak_K » Tue May 11, 2010 10:44 am

sabeennaz wrote:i have major problem ive been married and stayed with my husband for 5 months and came bac to uk. i have been away from him since and its been 2 years.

he has been refused on lack of evidence of subsisting marriage for 2 years since my husband and i neither gave any text or contact evidence as we didnt know how to provide it and now we are waiting for date of appeal hearing.

my question is how do i show evidence for the 2 months if all i have been using is calling cards.

however, we did text and as i have pay as you go they only give outgoing text record of 1 year the most if i give £10.

my question is if i get the 1 year statement from vodafone of outgoing texts as its the only evidence of any contact, then is that sufficient to show subsisting marraige bearing in mind i have been away from him for 2 years. plz help guys would that do?
I was in a similar situation (minus the refusal), I did not find employment for 6 months after I got back, but we were calling one another everyday. I lodged my application 1 year after we got married, but my solicitor advised me that they'll take a dim view of what took so long and why I have not been to visit my wife.

He urged me to go and visit my wife, and lodge my application while I'm there. Mashallah my application was sucessful, question 8.4.7 asks 'How do you keep in touch with your sponsor?' Just to give you an idea this was my answer:

1) Telephone Calls
2) Money Remittances by Sponsor
3) Post Marriage visit to Pakistan

To be honest I only sent her money on a few occasions, but I had strong evidence of telephone calls. Is your spouse in Pakistan? If so, why don't you credit his mobile (this is what I did), and get his itemised billing? I also called from my landline and explained that once I call my mrs, she calls me back which is why the calls from my end last for like a minute (and then hers last for an hour :^)

If you're interested in doing this, let me know and I'll find you the details of how to go about this.

Zak.

zs786

Post by zs786 » Tue May 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi all, just to update our status has changed to today on the Visa tracking website as follows:

'Your application is ready for collection, please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application collect the same'

My wife is going over to the Mirpur VAC to pick it up tomorrow

Please make dua for us that it will be positive new

Jazakallah

deemi

Post by deemi » Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

zs brother thats good news!!

Inshallah all will be well and your wife will be able to join you here soon so that you can carry on with your life!!

And i must admit a bit of selfish interest as my wife applied about a week after yours!!! So i am hoping to hear soon!!

Seems like 8 weeks is standard at the moment - well thats based on you and suhaib!!

Any way keep us updated!!
Done waiting!!!!

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Tue May 11, 2010 12:58 pm

[quote="deemi"]zs brother thats good news!!

Inshallah all will be well and your wife will be able to join you here soon so that you can carry on with your life!!

And i must admit a bit of selfish interest as my wife applied about a week after yours!!! So i am hoping to hear soon!!

Seems like 8 weeks is standard at the moment - well thats based on you and suhaib!!

Any way keep us updated!![/quote

Yeah things seemed to have slowed down, I applied on the very same day as Suhaib (03/03/10) but my Mrs collected her passport on 01/04/10 and the visa was stamped on the 23/03/10.

Newly Registered

Post by 1111 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:58 pm

salam to all,

I was here before but as i forgot my username and password i have created a new account simply because i had promised to let all know lf the outcome of my wife settlement application.

with the grace of allah, she collected her passport with the visa and she will soon join me here in UK.

as the previous person said it seems that it will take about 8 weeks but my timeline is as follows.

application made 16.03.2010
status changed 05.05.2010
collected on 10.05.2010

so inshallah all those who are waiting within these timelines will hear soon and i do pray to allah to make it a good news for you all.

like everyone i was worried about its outcome but i read someones comment here which said that rather than worrying spend the time in the zikr of allah.

that certainly is the best thing to do and will undoubtedly will pay off.

good luck to all.

allah afez

azim
Newly Registered

Post by azim » Tue May 11, 2010 11:00 pm

[hi guys it has been a long time since i have visited this forum and could you advice me on this, As you no my wife's visa was refused last year and i appealed against the decision and i had an hearing on 12 april 2010 which they originally said my marriage was not genuine but at the hearing the judge said the marriage is genuine butas she has been to the UK on a previous visa and she overstayed although ui wasnt married to her then, the refused the appeal but what i want to know from you guys is that not against the law? to refuse on that basis because she is coming for a settlement not as a visit i have re-appealed to reconsider the decision would you guys advice me what will happen next or what should i do to rectify that?
your advice will be appreciated

sabeennaz
Newly Registered

refused

Post by sabeennaz » Wed May 12, 2010 3:17 am

Salam guys, my husband has been refused, i applied after 1 year and now its 2 years since i have been here, i cannot go now as next month june i will find out the date of the hearing.

for the past 2 years i have been using calling cards to call husband, i didnt know about itemised billing etc, so i cant show any proof of calling contact in the last 2 years, but since refusal i am now using mobile calling cards which have online billing but this has only been since april, can i show that in appeal bearing in mind its only since last month onwards i have proof? and not for the past 2 years.

Also i did not send my text billing with initial application in november 2009 and now i can only get text billing for the past 12 months from vodafone and not for the 2 years since my marraige. can i show text billing for past 12 months and not for the first year after i came back?
however, my husband in pakistan says he can print texts upto the last 2 years which will verify my text in the past year which is good, but im wonderng if it is proof of our contact as texting is the only proof of our contact for teh past 2 years as i used calling cards for past 2 years.

can u please tell me

sabeennaz
Newly Registered

refused

Post by sabeennaz » Wed May 12, 2010 3:26 am

also i have sent gifts but with relatives so there is no proof in that. I did send a card once for eid but i can only assume due to postal strikes by royal mail in 2009 he never received it and neither did i from him. but one sent early this year he recieved.

MOD1221
Newly Registered

Post by MOD1221 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:29 am

" zs786, khalid83 , 1111 ", hope all goes well for you guys. I also submitted my case in the same timeline on 3/19/2010.

Status changed outright to "Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on" on very same day i submitted the application.

After 3 weeks when no update was available i emailed all these addresses for update on my application :
lhevacmgr@gerrys.com.pk
UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries @fco.gov.uk
visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk
ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk

lhevacmgr@gerrys.com.pk replied very next day and informed that they do not have much info on case and might be better to contact BHC.

At first visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk sent an lengthy auto reply regarding application and who should contact and in what time frame they are obliged to reply. and then after further emailing they needed more information. Sent all information but to no avail. No reply from them so far.

ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk reply was a bit strange. They mentioned that my application is in process at British High Commission Islamabad. I have requested that they look into the delay that you are experiencing and respond to your email. Also at the end of email it was written "Please forward any future emails regarding this appeal case to; appeals.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk" which was strange as this was not an appeal case and was a fresh application. So that line really put me off as I had previously visited Uk more than 5 times and all the time came back before visa expiry. Also when i lodged application i had valid Uk multiple entry visa for 5 years expiring in 2014 and we have shown more then enough funds for support(in excess of 20K pounds each) and also that we have been married and living together for 3 years . Anyway i know settlement case are treated differently, so will see what the outcome is.
After that email no reply since two weeks and still waiting.

From UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries @fco.gov.uk , i did not get any reply at all.

Just today i got text message on my cell that application GRY-XXX-X is now in process at BHC . I checked online and status shows "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission." Visiting this forum i get the idea that application status only change twice one "Application sent to Islamabad OC on " and next when "application is ready for collection" but seems that now they do post "Application in process" status as well.

Well lets see and hope ALLAH do the best and i will get my visa soon. Also wish all u guys on the form waiting for visa good luck as well and pray for the best.

regards,

khalid83
Newly Registered

Post by khalid83 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:07 am

Salaam,

Thanks ZS786 and MOD1221.

I was tracking my wife's visa application on Gerry's website and before it used to say Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC, but now it says Application under process at British High Commission.

Does anyone know what this mean is good or bad, i just want to know and i hope it goes well for everyone.

Thank you,

Bye

Suhaib 786

Post by Suhaib 786 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:24 am

zs786

Inshallah we are all waiting anxciously, im sure your going to hear some fantastic news & inshallah u willl be united for life - trust me those 8 weekz r like 8 yearz...
I make dua that may Allah Almighty do wat is best for u both#

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed May 12, 2010 8:52 am

Khalid - same here!! The status has changed to visa application is under process at BHC!

This looks like something new as, looking through the forums, no one has ever mentioned it before!!

Im taking a guess here but I can only assume it means that the application is physically being looked at by someone now!

So depending on how long it takes them to assess an application some news should be forthcoming soon!! (Inshallah positive news for all!!).
Done waiting!!!!

mrh_786
Newly Registered

Post by mrh_786 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:16 am

Salaam All,

zs786, we are all making dua for you, inshallah it will be good news.

1111, where did you submit your visa ?

deemi, Khalid - same for me too.
The status has changed to " Visa application is under process at British High Commission"

Submitted wife's application on 26/03/10 @ Mirpur

Inshallah some good news to follow for all of us...

Also had a standard email reply today (email sent yesterday) not much use....

UKHUB.PakistanGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

Dear Sir/Madam

Your wife's application is currently being processed and a decision will be made within the clearly advertised 12 week processing time. If your wife has not heard anything after 12 weeks from the date of application please make a further enquiry then but not before. We do not provide updates on individual applications for obvious reasons.

You can continue to monitor the progress of the application by checking the VAC's website at: www.ukvacpk.com.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed May 12, 2010 9:30 am

mrh - i have had the same responses via email!!

Maybe thats why they have introduced this new traking update!! So people will stop asking whats going on!!

Anyway keep us updated as my wife applied on 26/03/10 as well!! At Lahore VAC!!

Based on 8 weeks I am hoping we should hear something by next friday!! Inshallah it will be good news!!!
Done waiting!!!!

sherifuk
Newly Registered

Post by sherifuk » Wed May 12, 2010 10:26 am

[quote="deemi"]mrh - i have had the same responses via email!!

Maybe thats why they have introduced this new traking update!! So people will stop asking whats going on!!

Anyway keep us updated as my wife applied on 26/03/10 as well!! At Lahore VAC!!

Based on 8 weeks I am hoping we should hear something by next friday!! Inshallah it will be good news!!![/quote]

Same here pal I submitted my wifes on 25/03/10 status showing its under process... Inshallah pray all of those who applied their result will be positive.

MohammedKhan2009

HI

Post by MohammedKhan2009 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:54 am

My wifes visa was rejected last year and we appealed in January 2010, I got a letter from the AIT saying that the claimant had withdrawn his original decision. Its now been 5 weeks since my wife gave her passport in. Last wednesday I received a call from a women from the UK Border Agency, asking me if sponsored anyone and there d.o.b. She said we are issuing the visa and we will be in touch very soon. Its now wednesday again and we havent heard anything. Does any1 have the phone number I can contact to see what is happening please?

Thanks

Mohammed

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Wed May 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Anybody know how long before you are able to track your application online? I submitted mine on Monday 10th May 2010 but unable to track as of yet - just get an invalid search notice. And does the SMS coincide with you being able to track?

I submitted at Mirpur.
Last edited by kaidee on Wed May 12, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

Newly Registered

Post by 1111 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:19 pm

1111, where did you submit your visa ?

I applied in Islamabad, Pakistan.

hope all goes well for you all and hear good news soon.

thanks

khalid83
Newly Registered

Post by khalid83 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:53 pm

Salaam Everyone,

I e-mailed British High Commission and they got back to me within 5 minutes and the reply was as follow.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email. I have checked on the status of your wife's application and can confirm that a decsion was made on 6th May. Please note that we cannot provide the nature of the decision.

Please do not contact the VAC directly about this as they will contact you when your paperwork is ready for collection.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

So my question now is how long will it take before Gerry Contacts my wife? I hope it is a good news for me and for all you guys as well.

Thanks

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed May 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Well i assume that the new status update i.e." Visa application is under process at British High Commission" could be a part of the recently raised customer service standards of application processing. 8)

http://ukvacpk.com/news.aspx
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

sherifuk
Newly Registered

Post by sherifuk » Wed May 12, 2010 4:03 pm

[quote="khalid83"]Salaam Everyone,

I e-mailed British High Commission and they got back to me within 5 minutes and the reply was as follow.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email. I have checked on the status of your wife's application and can confirm that a decsion was made on 6th May. Please note that we cannot provide the nature of the decision.

Please do not contact the VAC directly about this as they will contact you when your paperwork is ready for collection.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

So my question now is how long will it take before Gerry Contacts my wife? I hope it is a good news for me and for all you guys as well.

Thanks[/quote]

HELLO Khalid

Where did you emailed to get that response. When did you submitted your wife application and which vac

Please advice

thanks

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed May 12, 2010 4:19 pm

Salaam guys

I've been thinking about this new status update thing and looking on the net as well.

It looks like this is common for non pakistan visa applicants to recieve this response. Just type the words into google and u will see what I mean!! So maybe they have just introduced it for pak applicants now.

However I was also thinking that the british high commission is in Pakistan and we know that applications are processed in the main in the uk for settlement. So maybe it means that the application has been processed and sent back and the guys in Islamabad just have to do thier thing before sending it off to the relevant vacs?? Which can take a while (7 - 10 days) from wat I have read on these boards.

Anyway these are just some random thoughts that I am sharing and not any concrete facts!!

Also zs786 any news brother??

And khalid let us know when u applied please and were u sent the email!! Thanks.

Wasalaam
Done waiting!!!!

yas00007
Newly Registered

Post by yas00007 » Wed May 12, 2010 5:16 pm

Salaam bro/sis

I am in the same position as majority of bro/sis on this forum

My application was submitted on the 24/3/2010 and still waiting.

Does anyone know the email address for the British High Commision where you can get an update as in the previous post?

Ws