ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 yrs continuous lawful residence confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat May 15, 2010 9:04 pm

I am not asking you or anyone else to eff off. I am just making the point that if you find this country extortionate then why stay here? Surely no one would want to live in a country which is unfair and unjust.

lin

Post by lin » Sat May 15, 2010 9:27 pm

i lived here for the past 6 years, mate! if im unhappy with the bloody taxes, do you think im bothered to stay here at first place?

if you disagree with the policy, that doesnt mean you can simply pass comments or judgemental towards immigrants - thats just dearly beloved!

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat May 15, 2010 9:31 pm

we are paying and will be paying towards your country's hefty income tax, national insurance, council tax, tv licence etc

The above remarks are yours, not mine.

How can I be a dearly beloved, when I haven't got a clue what race you are.

lin

Post by lin » Sat May 15, 2010 9:50 pm

wanderer questioning about 10/14 years policy and i simply fight my corners - at least i paid taxes and not sponging on benefits! and then you just jump in with your stupid comments - thats just unnecessary!

at the end of the day, to stay or not to stay is the decision i need to make not yours ..and ILR after 10 yrs is up to UKBA, not mine and not your either!

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sat May 15, 2010 10:15 pm

lin wrote:wanderer questioning about 10/14 years policy and i simply fight my corners - at least i paid taxes and not sponging on benefits! and then you just jump in with your stupid comments - thats just unnecessary!

at the end of the day, to stay or not to stay is the decision i need to make not yours ..and ILR after 10 yrs is up to UKBA, not mine and not your either!
so, why come here and ask our opinions? Because you asked for our opinions and we gave it to you.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 15, 2010 10:31 pm

People, let's not turn this into an ugly spat!

regards

lin

Post by lin » Sat May 15, 2010 10:44 pm

i seriously thought 'immigration board' is a forum where you can ask opinion on immigration rules, without others being critical or judgemental towards - i guess im wrong!

best changing name to 'anti-immigration board'

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sat May 15, 2010 10:55 pm

lin wrote:i seriously thought 'immigration board' is a forum where you can ask opinion on immigration rules, without others being critical or judgemental towards - i guess im wrong!

best changing name to 'anti-immigration board'
oh so you expect everyone's opinion to be in your favour? wow, if that was the case, the world would be such a different place.

fact - not everyone shares your opinion

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 15, 2010 10:56 pm

Sorry but time to move on!

regards