ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF4A Settlement Visa - Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zimbabwe
Newly Registered

VAF4A Settlement Visa - Questions

Post by Zimbabwe » Sat May 15, 2010 3:47 am

I am assisting my sister-in-law with her application for settlement in the UK; she is a South African living in Canada at the moment; my brother is a British Citizen with Right to Abode, he has returned to the UK to prepare for her and the childrens arrival.

We are applying on-line for the visa and have the following questions:-

1 Can we submit if we do not have the accommodation setup yet. My brother is living with family and is searching for suitable accommodation to accommodate the family? We understand that the lease must be for a minimum of 6 months. Will this delay the application or get it refused?

2 We have to submit an additional application for each child; at what point does the on-line process allow you to do this? Once you process the main application does it then prompt for the next application to be filled out?

3 If you use the on-line process do you then HAVE to setup an interview and attend in order to submit the rest of the documents?

4 If a child has a minor offense such as a fine from the Transit Police for travelling on public transport without a proper paid ticket; do you have to declare this on their application?

5 If family is supporting the family financially during this transition period and until the family is settled in the UK and we have declared this where appropriate; does this affect the application?

Yikes - lots of questions and perhaps depending on any replies could be more!

Any help will be appreciated.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 15, 2010 1:11 pm

1. Is the family's accommodation adequate for all of you?

5. See also 3rd Party Support & Accommodation.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Zimbabwe
Newly Registered

Post by Zimbabwe » Tue May 18, 2010 9:25 pm

No family space not adequate. Must find adequate housing.

The links you supplied were very interesting and helpful and I did get to read and understand a lot of stuff for the application.

Thank you.

I am posting other questions but one per subject.