ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 months

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:48 pm

I'd get on to your local MP and ask them to make enquiries. You might also get Solvit involved. The UKBA are legally obliged to issue Residence Cards within 6 months of receiving your application. The relevant leglislation is 17.(3) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Rules 2006:
On receipt of an application under paragraph (1) or (2) and the documents that are required to accompany the application the Secretary of State shall immediately issue the applicant with a certificate of application for the residence card and the residence card shall be issued no later than six months after the date on which the application and documents are received.
Please note the part that says that the residence card shall be issued no later than 6 months after receiving application and documents. You can quote this to your MP and Solvit to get things moving.

14 months is taking the p*ss to be honest.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:51 pm

deyne wrote:Right,in this case,im married...
"In this case" you're married? :shock:

The UKBA might be forgiven for suspecting a marriage of convenience. Perhaps this is the cause of the hold up.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

deyne

Post by deyne » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:09 pm

Ben wrote:

The UKBA might be forgiven for suspecting a marriage of convenience. Perhaps this is the cause of the hold up.
Maybe there is a little misleading,we did register at local office but we had decided not to have ceremony in here(UK),due to my polish wife's tradition and family issue we chose to have wedding in Poland after EEA2 application...who knows it takes such a looooooong time and still without any positive answer...of course i havent got my passport that im not able to go anywhere...

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:11 pm

deyne wrote:
Ben wrote:

Maybe there is a little misleading,we did register at local office but we had decided not to have ceremony in here(UK),due to my polish wife's tradition and family issue we chose to have wedding in Poland after EEA2 application...who knows it takes such a looooooong time and still without any positive answer...of course i havent got my passport that im not able to go anywhere...
But once you are married in a UK Registry Office, you are legally civilly married, am I right?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Right, last go;

1. You are legally married in Registry Office, not Church...

2. Your wife is an A8 national.

Questions;

1. Did ur wife register with the WRS for work?

2. If not, and she doesn't work, do either of you have health insurance (not NHS)

Assumptions? Apologies if I'm wrong...

1. You are South Asian?

2. Your visa was running out?

Conclusion.

1. Could it be the HO suspect a Marriage of Convenience?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Wanderer wrote:Right, last go;

Questions;

2. If not, and she doesn't work, do either of you have health insurance (not NHS)

1. You are South Asian?

Conclusion.

And also add: an adverse immigration history, e.g. overstayer, illegal entrant, (failed) asylum seeker, etc.? (I know you've asked that already, Wanderer).

Wow, 30 postings and we know as little as 5 months ago.

deyne

Post by deyne » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:54 pm

Questions;

1. You are South Asian?

Conclusion.

She's registered WRS since 2005,and of course both of us are still working right now.My visa ran out during process(14 months),im an asian.The only thing comforts me now is im able to survive becos im working due to that COA letter...thats all...

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:22 pm

It's time for you to start acting and go through the usual circus:

1) complain in writing (registered, signed-for), email, fax, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... tem=154904
2) try to get your MP or MEP interested in your case
3) ask your wife to complain to her country's SOLVIT, http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/index.htm
4) complain to the EU Comission, http://ec.europa.eu/community_law/your_ ... rms_en.htm

There is no guarantee that any of that will help you but at least you are doing something about your case!

deyne

Post by deyne » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:28 pm

86ti wrote:It's time for you to start acting and go through the usual circus:

1) complain in writing (registered, signed-for), email, fax, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... tem=154904
3) ask your wife to complain to her country's SOLVIT, http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/index.htm
4) complain to the EU Comission, http://ec.europa.eu/community_law/your_ ... rms_en.htm

There is no guarantee that any of that will help you but at least you are doing something about your case!
Thanks 86ti.I did try the third one months ago,but nothing happened...perhaps its time for the others now...

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:35 pm

deyne wrote:
86ti wrote:It's time for you to start acting and go through the usual circus:

Thanks 86ti.I did try the third one months ago,but nothing happened...perhaps its time for the others now...
Try again and be persistant! You may have to cycle through 1)-3) above a few times. 4) will have no immediate effect at all (you'll probably get a response in a few weeks time telling you how right you are...) but at least the EU Comission gets some data for their statistics (and maybe, just maybe they'll show more teeth in the future).

irric
Newly Registered

Post by irric » Wed May 19, 2010 3:33 pm

deyne wrote:

Questions;

1. You are South Asian?

Conclusion.

She's registered WRS since 2005,and of course both of us are still working right now.My visa ran out during process(14 months),im an asian.The only thing comforts me now is im able to survive becos im working due to that COA letter...thats all...

Hi Dyne...
Sorry to hear for ur situation.....

but let me tell u that there is no such thing as overstayer if ur documents are with the HO........

Secondly more time its gonna take more chance are that they will ask to for update documents..... and i think 14 months is a sign of that....

Thirdly u need to do what 86ti have told u...... Trust me i have analysed all this situation of EE2 over 2 and half years now....including myself....

if u dont make a complain u might wait long time......
plus they are going to ask u update documents anyway now...... so get down and make sure when the time come(means after u make a complain and they will sent u a letter that ur case has been referred to case worker and then after a while the case worker will ask u for the documents) u have all the documents related to current situation...

I change my info twice..... First full time worker to student and then studetn to Self-employed for EU member....... and got my RC after complain within 6 months

So make an update of ur situation
Make a complain....the one where u have to write
and then u will be saying thankx to alot of good people here.... i am confident

677ano

Post by 677ano » Wed May 19, 2010 3:50 pm

Questions;

1. You are South Asian?

Conclusion.

well said
we can all change our stars