ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Office, London or Islamabad ?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Perdesi007

Visa Office, London or Islamabad ?

Post by Perdesi007 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi All,

I am currently living in UK in Tier 1 General visa and planning to apply for immigration to canada. My wife and child are in Pakistan. what will be my Visa office for process of application? Can i choose it as London, UK or do i have to select it as Islamabad bearing in my that my family is in Pakistan and they don't have visa to come to UK.

Second question is: Can I choose London as my Visa processing office and Islamabad as my family's processing office?

Thanx in advance

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Visa Office, London or Islamabad ?

Post by raymasa2 » Thu May 27, 2010 6:31 am

Perdesi007 wrote:Hi All,

I am currently living in UK in Tier 1 General visa and planning to apply for immigration to canada. My wife and child are in Pakistan. what will be my Visa office for process of application? Can i choose it as London, UK or do i have to select it as Islamabad bearing in my that my family is in Pakistan and they don't have visa to come to UK.

Second question is: Can I choose London as my Visa processing office and Islamabad as my family's processing office?

Thanx in advance

I think all FSW application from Pakistan are now processed via London anyway, but you should check with CHC in Pakistan to confirm.

If you are the principal applicant and a Pakistani citizen residing in the UK, you may apply at either Pakistan or the UK. However, keep in mind that if called for an interview you would need to attend that at the CHC where you applied. Also, the passports have to be submitted at the CHC you applied at.

Ray

Perdesi007

Post by Perdesi007 » Fri May 28, 2010 8:47 am

Thanx Raymasa2 for your reply,

I am the principal applicant and also i am residing in UK but the confusion is if I choose London as my visa application office, wouldn't they ask my wife and child to attend interview as well if needed? If answer is yes, they won't be able to come over here to attend interview as they don't have UK visa.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Perdesi007 wrote:Thanx Raymasa2 for your reply,

I am the principal applicant and also i am residing in UK but the confusion is if I choose London as my visa application office, wouldn't they ask my wife and child to attend interview as well if needed? If answer is yes, they won't be able to come over here to attend interview as they don't have UK visa.
If you apply in London and they require a family interview, they would have to attend in London. If you apply in Pakistan, even thou the application will be processed in London, the interview (if required) will be in Pakistan for everyone, including you.

Keep in mind that interview is not always required. They may or may not call you for an interview.

Similarly, passport for visa stamping would need to be sent to the office where you apply. So, if you apply in London, all passports need to be sent to London. You may want to check Pakistani law on that. Some countries do not allow passports to be sent outside the country via post. If you apply in Pakistan, all passports (including yours) would need to be sent to Pakistan.

If you are applying as a family, all family members have to apply to the same CHC, you cannot apply to two different location on the same application.

So, you need to decide which CHC to apply at.

Ray