ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

~Employer Letter - Messed up

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PK
- thin ice -

~Employer Letter - Messed up

Post by PK » Fri May 28, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi Guys

I'm really really tensed Plz Plz help

I have PEO Croyden appointment for ILR on 9th June under HSMP JR. I've been working with different agencies since 2007 and get my pay processed through an umbrella company. This same umbrella company has been processing my pay since 2007.

I asked them for an employment letter with all the information in April and asked them to send the Letter to me with my statement of earnings for last 3 years by 28th May addressed to UKBA. By mistake they send that letter in april itself to UKBA directly.

They messed up big time and initially denied but later said they can only issue a basic letter which is as follows:
40 Wellsley Road
Croyden
CR9 2BY

27/05/2010

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: My Name: XXX Address: XXXXXXXXXXX

Mr XXXXX is an employee of our Umbrella Product – XXXXXX Limited, from 06/04/2007 to present.

Mr XXXXXX receives his working assignments from his teaching agency XXXX Ltd and we facilitate his pay.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

XXXXXXXXXXXx
Junior Payroll Administrator

I'm very tensed and have literally argued with them and they are adament that they will only give this standard letter.

Initially they accepted that In the letter they will Mention that In view of my forseeable continued employment they support my application and they will also mention my net earnings as my net earnings is more than on my P-60.

I'm very tensed and stressed out what can I do now? Shall I cancel my appointment? Should I get a letter from my Teaching Agency as well

Plz Plz help Guys

Many thanks

PK

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 28, 2010 6:09 pm

The question is, why do you need such a letter?

regards

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Fri May 28, 2010 6:31 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta

Firstly I dont wanna take any risk and Home office Asks every one for their employer letter. I'm not sure the letter I have is good enough. I can't go for my PEO appontment without an employer letter, Can I?

Regards
Pk

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 28, 2010 6:46 pm

The payslips / P60 are evidence of income and economic activity, so you don't necessarily need your income details to be included in this letter.

As for "employment for foreseeable future" text, this may be necessary for someone applying on the basis of WP / Tier 2, but not for HSMP / Tier 1 (General) migrants.

IMHO, the following can be omitted from the text - unless your payslips / P60 have some sort of reference to this agency.
PK wrote:Mr XXXXXX receives his working assignments from his teaching agency XXXX Ltd and we facilitate his pay.

Letter from current employer - evidence of employment.
Payslips / P60 - evidence of income and economic activity in last 4/5 years.
Bank statements - evidence of salary/income credit and availability of funds (no min. income / fund requirement).
HSMP approval letter - evidence of being covered by HSMP JR.

regards

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Fri May 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Thanks Again Sushdmehta

My P-60 has my Umbrella Company's name and I get my electronic payslip on their letter head. However, my agency is also mentioned on every payslip. What do I do now. Ur right that for HSMP we don't need employer letter, but I just want to be safe and take the best employment letter possible.

Plz advice

Regards
PK

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 28, 2010 8:02 pm

In such case the letter above should be fine - IMHO.

regards

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Sat May 29, 2010 8:43 am

Thanks Sushdmehta

I am really not sure about this rubbish letter. Excuse my Language. Lets see what others have to say about my case.

Plz guys any sort of feed back will help.

Regards

PK

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:41 pm

You don't need any futher advice as sushdmehta's advice is solid and good as he/she knows their stuff.. No doubts!
So go with what you have and you'll be fine. That letter will only be a secondary doc as compared to your p60 and payslips which are most important..

Good luck!

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Sat May 29, 2010 2:09 pm

Thanks 1664

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sun May 30, 2010 8:47 am

A point apart from your ilr. Move away from the umbrella company. My personal experience with giant umbrella company was horrible and I ended up with less money to what I was offered per hour from reed.

That's a personal point..

Good luck, you'll you be fine!!

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Sun May 30, 2010 3:24 pm

My friend 1664, as soon I'm done with my ILR thats my first step. Better get paid straight and then no headaches....

Ur absolutely right and I'm with u on this

Pk