ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No marriage certificate, but already on dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

m_jain9
Newly Registered

No marriage certificate, but already on dependent visa

Post by m_jain9 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:29 pm

I am planning to change my Visa status from Tier2 - ICT to Tier1 General (its a in country application).
I want to apply for the Dependent Tier1 Visa for my wife at the same time with my application. But I don't have marriage certificate. My wife is currently staying with me (from last 3 years) as my dependent on Tier 2 - Dependent (formaly WP) visa. And also having my name in her PASSPORT in the husband/spouse section.

As, I need to submit the proof for dependent for dependent application, How can I submit my application without marriage certificate, based on above given evidence?

Please help & advise.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:33 pm

I think Tier2 dependent can not switch within UK, need to go back to home country to apply.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: No marriage certificate, but already on dependent visa

Post by rizwan567 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:17 pm

m_jain9 wrote:I am planning to change my Visa status from Tier2 - ICT to Tier1 General (its a in country application).
I want to apply for the Dependent Tier1 Visa for my wife at the same time with my application. But I don't have marriage certificate. My wife is currently staying with me (from last 3 years) as my dependent on Tier 2 - Dependent (formaly WP) visa. And also having my name in her PASSPORT in the husband/spouse section.

As, I need to submit the proof for dependent for dependent application, How can I submit my application without marriage certificate, based on above given evidence?

Please help & advise.
I am quite sure, marriage certificate is mandatory part of application.

krthn
Newly Registered

Post by krthn » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:49 am

please let me me know whether tier2ict dependent can swithch into tier1 dependent within uk or get back to india and get visa processesd...

thanks in advance

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:23 pm

I am afraid, rajesh is not right.

Tier 2 dependent can switch to Ter 1 dependent status.

If the spouse is switching then dependent can also switch with his/her spouse. However dependent can not switch to be a main applicant. To be a main applicant dependent needs to apply from home country.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:29 pm

Tier 2 dependant can switch into tier 1 dependant within UK.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:13 pm

rizwan567 wrote:I am afraid, rajesh is not right.

Tier 2 dependent can switch to Ter 1 dependent status.

If the spouse is switching then dependent can also switch with his/her spouse. However dependent can not switch to be a main applicant. To be a main applicant dependent needs to apply from home country.
Thanks.

krthn
Newly Registered

Post by krthn » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:43 pm

IAM UNDER TIER2ICT AND MY HUSBAND IS MY DEPENDENT ,HE IS ALONG WITH ME IN UK..NOW IAM PLANNING TO SWITCH TO TIER1 BUT DUE TO SOME MAINTANANCE FUND PROBLEUM I WANT TO APPLY FIRST AND APPLY MY HUSBAND VISA AFTER 2 WEEKS CAN I DO THT??OR SHOULD V BOTH DO OUR VISA TOGETHER.

PLEASE HELP

THANKS IN ADVANCE

m_jain9
Newly Registered

Re: No marriage certificate, but already on dependent visa

Post by m_jain9 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:17 pm

m_jain9 wrote:I am planning to change my Visa status from Tier2 - ICT to Tier1 General (its a in country application).

Please help & advise.

Can anyone help me on my case? And help me to find a way to submit my application without the marriage certificate?

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:20 pm

aruni4470 wrote:Tier 2 dependant can switch into tier 1 dependant within UK.
Could you please provide any reference?

I am quite sure that Tier 2 dependent can not switch to the Tier 1 main applicant... for reference please see page 12 of Tier 1 guidance notes http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

m_jain9
Newly Registered

Post by m_jain9 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:56 pm

rizwan567 wrote:

I am quite sure that Tier 2 dependent can not switch to the Tier 1 main applicant... for reference please see page 12 of Tier 1 guidance notes http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
As mentioned in the given link, Tier 2 - Dependent can switch to Tier -1 Dependent, but not in Tier 1 - General category. To transfer the Tier 2 - Dependent into Tier 1 - General, they need to go back to home country and apply from there.

So yes, Tier 2 - dependent can Transfer to Tier 1 - Dependent.

But this is not my problem. It will be a great help, if someone can advise me on my case (no marriage certificate, so how to apply for Tier 1 -dependent)?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:05 am

rizwan567 wrote:

I did not say Tier 2 dependant can switch into tier 1 but can switch into tier 1 dependant.

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:29 pm

@m_jain9 : My personal advice would be to get marriage certificate first. I won't suggest to take unnecessary risk because of it.

When you would be applying for her for Tier 1 dependent then her application will be seen independently regardless of the facts in which it was issues for Tier 2 dependent.

Seniors please correct me if I am wrong here.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:23 am

Best thing would be is to call the UKBA inquire number and ask for advice.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:07 am

Marriage certificate or a marriage affidavit is MANDATORY evidence.
A friend of mine asked on the publicvisaenquiries email and got a response
saying that relationship proof is mandatory.

vishsinghal
Newly Registered

Did you get any solution for absence of Marriage Certificate

Post by vishsinghal » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi M_jain,

Am in similar position as yours. I have all the proofs including each others name endorsed in passports as spouse. But we do not have a marriage certificate currently.

What has been the result in your case and also what do you think is the best option. I can give proofs of joint bank accounts, joint rent agreement, common address, photos, phone calls, emails, childs birth certificate which has both of our names as parents etc.

Thanks
Vishal

vishsinghal
Newly Registered

Hi M_jain, could you get VISA without marraige certificate

Post by vishsinghal » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi,

Pls respond, since I saw you have enquired about this but none had answer and you would have gone through similar experience. So your response would be really helpful. For me the issue is with the education of kids which is getting delayed

Thanks in advance for the response

Vishal

Ashu007
Newly Registered

Post by Ashu007 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:12 am

Hello Vishal and MJain,

Can you please confirm how did you go about the dependent visa without the marriage certificate, is an affidavit from a solicitor accepted as a part of application. Even in aour case we have the name in each other's passports and on the birth certificate of my daughter. Please advice.

Thanks